JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wasn't too sure about the source as I've never read this website until I found that broken link that someone had posted here. So, I did a quick google on the subject to verify that this is really happening in Connecticut:

Gun Owners Flout New Law in Connecticut ? Only 15% Register ?Assault Weapons? | The Gateway Pundit

They are really testing our resolve and we need to make sure that our brothers and sisters in the East Coast know that we support them. What is it going to take for the rest of America to wake up?

How are law abiding gun owners supposed to register a gun they don't have?
An AR 15 Is a personal defence weapon not an "assault weapon"!!!!!!!
An assault weapon is a select fire military and. LEO weapon!!!!!

Lets not forgot when we have them AR's get called Assault Weapons. When the government orders them they are PDW, Department of Homeland Security: Sport rifle (AR-15) ?suitable for personal defense? (Updates) | Radio Vice Online

I have never, at least since I grew up and learned better, have called any of my firearms assault rifles or weapons. Since this solicitation for a rifle with a particular set of features came out from the government and called them PDW we as gun owes should have that solicitation ready to go. Ready to PROVE to people that what they are calling assault rifles really are PDW's according to the government itself............

From Bondage to Spiritual Faith
From Spiritual Faith to Great Courage
From Courage to Liberty
From Liberty to Abundance
From Abundance to Complacency
From Complacency to Apathy
From Apathy to Dependency <--- You are here
From Dependency back into Bondage

But the SCOTUS has ruled that a felon can not be compelled to register his arms. They are an essential tool of his trade.
In Haynes v U.S. (1968), the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that felons do not have to register illegally possessed guns, because the Fifth Amendment protects them against self-incrimination.
So, since those the didn't register their guns or magazines they are now felons and exempt from the law!
Looks like an "unintended consequence"!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

"From Bondage to Spiritual Faith
From Spiritual Faith to Great Courage
From Courage to Liberty
From Liberty to Abundance
From Abundance to Complacency
From Complacency to Apathy
From Apathy to Dependency <--- You are here
From Dependency back into Bondage "

Some of us understand this. The sad thing is that once a country throws Spiritual faith out of every day discourse history shows that the opportunity never reoccurs. Look at churches in Europe, no one attends. I submit therefor that America as we grew up knowing her is dead.

You mark my works it's just a matter of time before there is a revolt in our
own country. This Government is out of control. Tyranny will not be ok

Subject: FW: Connecticut officials stunned by massive, state-wide act of civil disobedience by gun owners

Connecticut officials stunned by massive, state-wide act of civil disobedience by gun owners

Jason Howerton is reporting that On Jan. 1, 2014, tens of thousands of defiant gun owners seemingly made the choice not to register their semi-automatic rifles
With the state of Connecticut as required by a hastily-passed gun control law.
By possessing unregistered so-called "assault rifles," they all technically became guilty of committing Class D felonies overnight.
Police had received 47,916 applications for "assault weapons certificates" and 21,000 incomplete applications as of Dec. 31, Lt. Paul Vance told The Courant.
At roughly 50,000 applications, officials estimate that as little as 15 percent of the covered semi-automatic rifles have actually been registered with the state. "No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000," the report states.
Needless to say, officials and some lawmakers are stunned.

Due to the new gun control bill passed in April, likely at least 20,000 individual people -- possibly as many as 100,000 -- are now in direct violation of the law for refusing to register their guns. As we noted above, that act is now a Class D Felony.

Mike Lawlor, "the state’s top official in criminal justice," suggested maybe the firearms unit in Connecticut could "sent them a letter." However, he said an aggressive push to prosecute gun owners in the state is not going to happen at this point.

Lawlor, the undersecretary for criminal justice policy in the state Office of Policy and Management, also suggested that the legislature should reopen the registration period to encourage more gun owners to register their firearms.

You may recall <broken link removed> of Connecticut gun owners waiting in line to register their guns in December, which one person said reminded them of the "Weimar Germany."

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
-Thomas Jefferson

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads