JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Typical fat security bullies upset they couldn't pass the extremely simple police physical testing. I think if that unidentified state trooper didn't step in the security guards probably would have been thrown a serious beat down by the crowd that was supporting the victim. I'd like to go toe to toe with the guy burying his elbow in the neck of the disabled man.

<broken link removed>

Very sad, no one stood up for the man bearing the sign. The cops were just as guilty, standing by instead of upholding the constitution.
The lines are being blurred, pick a side and get ready to get ugly.

I used to have a sign on my PU that said "Impeach Obama", just payback for all the lefties saying impeach Bush for years. ("That's different!")
I agree with the sign of course, but the guy is a bit loud, then I saw the LaRouche part, that explains a lot.

It's a little embarrassing that no one in the crowed kicked one of the guards in the face. :)

But I like excitement.

And now on video, you would be the only one charged with assault.

The security guards did not assault him by placing a hold on him, they were carrying out their duties to maintain order at the event.

Did they provoke him, yes. Did he have a right to be there? Depends on how the fairgrounds lease the property if it is public/private and if they could remove him for trespassing. Most likely they could.

"State Fair" don't always mean a state event on public property.

The Trooper realized the bubblegum storm he was in the middle of and made hast to leave it behind. He stepped in just in time to save the guards IMO, but his duties should have kept him there, although not obligated.

I bet next time he will keep walking.

The protester was playing it up big time and got his 15minutes, but nothing else will come of it. Unless you count a few gun forum threads. :s0114:

Welcome to change people. You think this is something... wait til next year!

That guy was on private property. The fairground in AK is NOT public property. How do I know? I lived there for a long time. I also have friends that were there.

That guy was asked nicely to leave with his huge *** sign that was taped to a giant stick...just what I want waved around while I am at the fair.

They did not assault the guy. They subdued him. And they did a good job of it. The Left Wing Agenda the guy is pushing (feel free to follow the link from his sign) is against fair rules, if you want to push a political message the fair requires you purchase a booth and follow their rules. Since it is private property they are well within their rights to do so. Would be the same as any one us having a get together on our property and not wanting some left or right wing nut job spouting their agenda at our party. Because that is EXACTLY what the Alaska State Fair is....a private party.

Private or not,in a close environment like fairgrounds,they usually have the signs at the gate to get a license to have signs and billboards.
Maybe his handicap was his sight? Couldn't read the signs?

I like all the tough guys telling the other guard,just doing his job,how they don't have to move.
At least they got on You Tube

Good point on the tough guys.

If security tells them to move and they don't, what force are they allowed to apply to affect movement on the tough guys?

Armbar, jointlock, taser?

Anyone here think they might not appreciate someone doing that to them because you don't feel the "authority figure" has authority over you? A COP does, and we all agree that we have to obey, but a security guard? A campsite host?

I've told a few people to leave my public shooting range because they were dangerous IMO. Did I have any authority to do so? NO. Did they obey, yes. What if they wouldn't and I got out of line and started moving them to their car?

At what point does an "authority figure" (someone that assumes authority) have a right to inflict force on a peaceable citizen?

And what happens when that person reacts to that force with his own?

Reminds me of the "Don't Tase me Bro!" video.

They told him to leave, he had to leave...he refused, he trespassed.

As for the use of force question, he was passive, non-compliant when he told him to leave- hands on was justified. This level is known as "soft hands", where counter joint/counter mobility techniques are applied. When he physically resisted, this turned to active non-compliance. They should have just cuffed him and carried him out (just like they should have with the liberal hippy "don't tase me bro" punk in the John Kerry stadium).

HOWEVER, this use of force only applies to LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. Not Security Officers...Security Officers only have manager-like authority. They should have called the police and had them deal with it.

"It is private property, open to the public. They get to determine their rules," Remaley said.

So basically, if they say you can't have a black t-shirt and ask you to leave, they can do so.

Just because we happen to agree with the political rant, doesn't make what he is doing legal.

His loud mouth gave him away at the start,really.
He knew he was in the wrong and was gunna start a ruckus.He went into the conversation loud and obnoxious to bring attention.

Now I believe if you are hired to be security and give the authority to keep peace,you can lay your hands on someone.
Just like at a bar or concert,these guys should have had the ability to remove violent people if necessary.

I always like to use this example of private property and 1st amendment rights:

I'm in your living room, I call your wife a dirty bleepedy, bleep, bleep, you ask me to leave post haste, do I get to stay on the grounds of the 1st amendment? Do I get to use the 1st amendment as an excuse to resist being thrown out when I am most assuredly asked to leave? The answer to both questions is no I don't have any 1st amendment rights on private property.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top