JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There will long be a few who still want that interaction time with the cashier. Fine with me. I go in to buy food not have social time. So I want to get my stuff and hit the road. Grocery store I use went with 4 self checks decade or so ago and I LOVE it. Other day I went in and they were closed because they are adding more of them. When they offer the first ones here where I can shop with an App I will be there. I had stopped shopping at the Wal-mart by my house for a long time do to it taking forever to pay and get out when I found what I wanted. They put in a bunch of self checks and once I found out I started going back there now and then. At least now when go and can find what I want I can just pay and go. Love it.

I don't need interaction, just looking for someone to ring up my groceries

When they first started to offer self serve gas it was like that. A lot of people did not want to use it. Stations would offer both full and self. Did not take long till there was fewer and fewer offering the full. Stores are soon going to be the same. More and more self check. Until they perfect the shop with an App. When they get that going full boat there will still be a few who do not want to use it. They will have to be willing to wait in line for the one person still paid to do that. I just want to get in and get the hell out of there. It's why I do almost all my non food shopping on line now. Many of the grocery stores here are offering that now for food. You order and then pull up and call them and they bring it to your car. Have not tried it yet but if they had not put the self check in I have no doubt I would be using that service. Couple of them are even delivering the damn stuff for a nominal fee.

When they first started to offer self serve gas it was like that. A lot of people did not want to use it. Stations would offer both full and self. Did not take long till there was fewer and fewer offering the full. Stores are soon going to be the same. More and more self check. Until they perfect the shop with an App. When they get that going full boat there will still be a few who do not want to use it. They will have to be willing to wait in line for the one person still paid to do that. I just want to get in and get the hell out of there. It's why I do almost all my non food shopping on line now. Many of the grocery stores here are offering that now for food. You order and then pull up and call them and they bring it to your car. Have not tried it yet but if they had not put the self check in I have no doubt I would be using that service. Couple of them are even delivering the damn stuff for a nominal fee.

I prefer shopping & spending my money in places that serve me, places that don't serve me can cater to people who don't mind ringing themselves out. Otherwise I will buy all my needs online & the mail guy can deliver it

Yesterday I left my cart & walked out the door when the front desk refused to ring me up & tried to make me go to self checkout--the next store I went to did want my money tho

Hello Bill,

My husband and I do what you do.

I want service.

I want REAL HUMAN BEINGS to wait on me, keep their job and be able to take care of themselves and/or their families.

Thank you. Here is your morning cup of coffee!

Old Lady Cate
PS: I have even called my credit union, my bank, various types of stores and told them that I want a human being to wait on my husband or me. When someone tells me over the telephone that I can ORDER IT (Whatever item it is.) from their website - I tell them that IF I wanted to order online that I would NOT be calling their brick/mortar store LOCALLY to see if said ITEM IS IN STOCK and if it is not in stock that THEY aka the STORE IN TOWN should be able to ORDER IT FOR ME and I will pick IT up. I prefer to NOT have it shipped to my door or post office box.

Then I tell them that if more people stopped INSIDE OF THEIR STORE more often and bought from them - that helps THEM KEEP THEIR JOB aka making money!

THE LESS THAT PEOPLE USE TELLERS, CASHIERS, STORE MANAGERS, WAITERS, LOCAL STORES, LOCAL FARM MARKETS, LOCAL SMALL AND LARGE STORES IN THEIR TOWN - THE MORE THESE STORES CLOSE UP AND MOVE AWAY. Most of them NEVER EVER COME BACK. That goes for GUN STORES - small and large ones too!

So if some people want that to happen no matter if you live FAR AWAY from shopping places (Boonies as I DID FOR OVER HALF of my life and may do again!) or close to town for shopping places - just keep on using STUFF that drives businesses and/or their employees OUT OF WORK - OUT OF BUSINESS - OUT OF YOUR LOCAL AREA - OUT OF YOUR STATE. Those very businesses KEEP your LOCAL economy going with their TAX BASE and tons more.

The LESS business taxes that support your LOCAL ECONOMY - the HIGHER your property taxes will be and state income tax if you have a state income tax!

I realize that all of us differ in our opinions but this just gets me really ticked off when you PAY FOR AN ITEM and then are expected to ring yourself up, bag it, move it, etc.

Heck, I remember GROCERY BOYS/GIRLS who used to help you to your pick up truck or car in SMALL villages, suburban areas, and larger towns/cities. They earned their MONEY with a tip or the minimum wage or both. It was a nice service and nice to get help in a small village or large city in my not so humble opinion. The one young man knew how I liked to have MY pick up truck loaded and MY car loaded with groceries depending on which one that I used for that day too! I had REGULAR favorite cashiers, helpers, managers, tellers, etc. I do that NOW and as best as I can or my husband can IF he is doing the 'running'. I no longer drive but I do go with him to some of the stores unless he already has a head start on things.

Here is your second cup of coffee!

Thank you!

Old Lady Cate
PS: I am reading this thread to my husband now and he wants to know if you are his long lost brother! LOL

Heck, I remember GROCERY BOYS/GIRLS who used to help you to your pick up truck or car in SMALL villages, suburban areas, and larger towns/cities. They earned their MONEY with a tip or the minimum wage or both. It was a nice service and nice to get help in a small village or large city in my not so humble opinion. The one young man knew how I liked to have MY pick up truck loaded and MY car loaded with groceries depending on which one that I used for that day too! I had REGULAR favorite cashiers, helpers, managers, tellers, etc. I do that NOW and as best as I can or my husband can IF he is doing the 'running'. I no longer drive but I do go with him to some of the stores unless he already has a head start on things.

Sadly the people who claimed they were "helping" people are the ones who have all but done away with this. Used to be there were lots of low skill jobs for young people to use to make some cash. Often gave them good work experience too. Well now in this state that job has to pay $12-15 an hour. On top of that they want the employer to pay for them to have health insurance, and paid time off. So it gets to the point it's no longer worth the cost to have these jobs. Every time the people here vote in yet another "burden" on business, business has only a couple choices. Raise prices or use less employee's. Then the people who made the mess and caused the kids to lose their job act like they had nothing to do with it.

Sad, sad story.

I would lean against a tree, not eat or drink, and DIE in the open air instead of stealing which I think is a HUGE SIN not just against the law.

Made to live in a jail at any age? I would rather be DEAD.

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top