JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely. More ability to shoot multiples with the suppressor, quick follow ups for humane kills.
Yup! Most hogs we hit, the rest of the herd never even flinched when their buddies hit the dirt! Often, we would have several shooters on one line working over the herds and they never reacted to a shot from a suppressed rifle!
Lemme tell ya, a 7mm, .30/06, or a .300 mag suppressed is an awesome tool! My .6.5X55 got one hell of a work out that week! :D

Yup! Last time out, we had 11 airplanes show up with two people each, Thousands of rounds of ammo, and 3 BBQ's runnin dang near full time! Several farmers brought out a bunch of beef and other food and drink, and we cleaned the place out, almost 200 hogs worth over a 4 day 4 night period! For some of us, falling asleep to the sound of gun fire was quite pleasant! We cleaned what we could, loaded up as much pork as we wanted and left. I guess the farmers hired a couple of rendering trucks to come and process the rest of it and donated the good meat to the local churches and such!
I'm not ghey, but I do have a man crush on you....lol

Oh ! I forgot to realize you have a Super Cub ! Kinda tight for the 3rd person!
Not too bad with the new Super Cub, it's got a lot more room in the baggage area, almost 9 feet of length, though I gotta watch how much weight I try to lift, and this despite it now being almost 340 ponds lighter then "Factory" so, theoritically, I can now lift 2400# worth, including the 85 gallons of gas on board!

Not too bad with the new Super Cub, it's got a lot more room in the baggage area
I 'cut my teeth' in a Luscombe 8E with clipped wings. It was a handful on landing. Front landing gear was like 6' below the belly. It sat at like 30 degrees on all three.

This one was was a whole lot more exciting however !

T-38.jpg

Last Edited:
When I first hunted hogs in the PRK, Pig tags were $8 for 5 tags, then someone saw an opportunity and then tags cost $16 pop. That's over and above your hunting license.

Pigs are more than a nuisance in Central California Coast area, they're a plague. I have seen acres of cultivated fields torn up by pigs. They are a bane.
A healthy sow can have 3 litters of 8 piglets per year. I liked to hunt in July when the barley harvest was in full swing. I figured the pigs were filling up on grain instead cow flops or each other and my reasoning was sound. On one hunt I saw an estimated 300 pigs in 4 separate groups running on the hills of a barley farm. It was pick which one you want and pop it. Even the farmer himself shot a couple for his workers to eat. That was one of the fastest hunts I'd ever been on. I was up at 3AM in Soledad and was home and napping in bed in San Jose before noon.
We shot the hogs just after dawn, got them dressed out and after I cleaned out a small grocery store of all of its ice, I drove like a bat out of hell for San Jose where my meat processing guy was. (It was July and the weather was H O T! I had almost zero ice in the back of my pickup by the time I got to my guy.) I Got the pigs in his cooler and my butchering order placed, got home, hosed out the bed of my pickup took a shower and was in the sack!
Anyway, as a rule, local farmers are very leery of letting hunters on their land. Too often have the hunters been worse than the pigs in terms of the damage they did (fire!)and then there's always some guy who sues the farmer who let him on his land because the guy fell in a hole or something stupid, so, yeah I get why they want to get money from people. It weeds out a lot of the idiots. If you don't want to pay, public land is available like at Fort Hunter-Liggett 60 miles south of Salinas and lots of national forest land can be hunted as well but the herds go where the food is and that's the farms.
Now pigs are encroaching on the suburbs of south San Jose, ripping up lawns and getting into garbage. A friend was the "Golf Ambassador (?)" of a course in Coyote Valley and asked if me and some friends would like to take out a herd of pigs that were raiding the course every night.
I said "Hell yes" so he took it up with the course and they balked. First, it was liability so we offered to put up a bond then it became people would get upset with the killing of the animals, which I countered with "Have a big barbecue! We'll do the cooking!" . Finally, we offered to put up a bond, pay them a fee and even see about getting a game warden to monitor the whole show and they still declined. They ended up paying some guy serious money to trap and relocate the pigs.

Sigh... The sensibilities of the golfing class...

I speculate that the pigs got relocated to Jimmy Dean or some other sausage factory.:rolleyes:

When I first hunted hogs in the PRK, Pig tags were $8 for 5 tags, then someone saw an opportunity and then tags cost $16 pop. That's over and above your hunting license.

Pigs are more than a nuisance in Central California Coast area, they're a plague. I have seen acres of cultivated fields torn up by pigs. They are a bane.
A healthy sow can have 3 litters of 8 piglets per year. I liked to hunt in July when the barley harvest was in full swing. I figured the pigs were filling up on grain instead cow flops or each other and my reasoning was sound. On one hunt I saw an estimated 300 pigs in 4 separate groups running on the hills of a barley farm. It was pick which one you want and pop it. Even the farmer himself shot a couple for his workers to eat. That was one of the fastest hunts I'd ever been on. I was up at 3AM in Soledad and was home and napping in bed in San Jose before noon.
We shot the hogs just after dawn, got them dressed out and after I cleaned out a small grocery store of all of its ice, I drove like a bat out of hell for San Jose where my meat processing guy was. (It was July and the weather was H O T! I had almost zero ice in the back of my pickup by the time I got to my guy.) I Got the pigs in his cooler and my butchering order placed, got home, hosed out the bed of my pickup took a shower and was in the sack!
Anyway, as a rule, local farmers are very leery of letting hunters on their land. Too often have the hunters been worse than the pigs in terms of the damage they did (fire!)and then there's always some guy who sues the farmer who let him on his land because the guy fell in a hole or something stupid, so, yeah I get why they want to get money from people. It weeds out a lot of the idiots. If you don't want to pay, public land is available like at Fort Hunter-Liggett 60 miles south of Salinas and lots of national forest land can be hunted as well but the herds go where the food is and that's the farms.
Now pigs are encroaching on the suburbs of south San Jose, ripping up lawns and getting into garbage. A friend was the "Golf Ambassador (?)" of a course in Coyote Valley and asked if me and some friends would like to take out a herd of pigs that were raiding the course every night.
I said "Hell yes" so he took it up with the course and they balked. First, it was liability so we offered to put up a bond then it became people would get upset with the killing of the animals, which I countered with "Have a big barbecue! We'll do the cooking!" . Finally, we offered to put up a bond, pay them a fee and even see about getting a game warden to monitor the whole show and they still declined. They ended up paying some guy serious money to trap and relocate the pigs.

Sigh... The sensibilities of the golfing class...

I speculate that the pigs got relocated to Jimmy Dean or some other sausage factory.:rolleyes:
You're probably not wrong. The best friends I made golfing were rarely at the best golf courses. Once you get over about $150 greens fees it seems like the only decent people you meet are the non-members. To be fair, I've been to more muni courses than country clubs or PGA courses.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top