JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...despite how it might come across. :)

I am not trying to make a definitive value statement or trying to start any heated debates. I am merely putting into print a thought that crossed my mind today.

It really is funny how things work out sometimes. I was never really fond of Glocks. They just did nothing for me. In fact I did not like polymer guns at all. I did start to see a place for Glocks in my collection when I discovered the sub-compacts and did buy a couple of them. Then along came the Springfield Armory XD series.

Now these were what I thought Glock should have been all along. I liked the styling better, I liked the addition of the grip safety, I liked the cocking indicator, I liked the loaded chamber flag, and I just liked the overall feel of the gun. I thought for sure these would push my Glocks right out of the picture.

Flash forward about a year and now both of my XD's are gone and my baby Glocks are still loved and trusted companions. It is funny how initial impressions do not pan out sometimes. Every now and then the ugly duckling grows on you are out performs it's rival. :)

For those of you that want to think this is just a kool-aid post no matter what I say...

Glock-Aid.jpg

I thought for awhile about pickin' up a Glock but I shoot a lot of lead and since I like my hands so much, I went with the XD.

Maybe thats why Kool Aid man is standing in a puddle...he knows of his impending doom.

Okay. NOW i feel gyped.

Please finish the story on what it is about the glocks made you like them more than the XDs in the end!!!
(I am curious as I am stuck between baby glock, xd and sig 239 for a carry piece!)

Geeze Playboy.
:s0084:

i shot a few glocks and didn't like the way they felt in my hand
then at a defensive handgun course we put our guns on the ground and
changed positions and shot unfamiliar guns. when i saw an xd i thought
**** i'm not going to like this thing then my mind was changed after a few
rounds, but still don't have one. it's a 1911 thing i guess

Okay. NOW i feel gyped.

Please finish the story on what it is about the glocks made you like them more than the XDs in the end!!!
(I am curious as I am stuck between baby glock, xd and sig 239 for a carry piece!)

Geeze Playboy.
:s0084:
My advice is always go to the range and rent the guns you are considering buying first, there is no "right" gun for everyone and someone will always put brand x down. I'm not brand loyal personally I would buy a model if it fits the specs I'm looking for. My Picture I posted was as a joke, I certainly wouldn't want to dissuade someone from buying a Glock if it does what they want. I carry an LCP or a XD40 subcompact depending on the weather and dress, but just because those fit my needs doesn't mean it will fit the next persons.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top