JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, how about a picture thread devoted to SxS doubles? They can be a lot of fun. I'll get us start with a pick I took this morning:

BoomSticks2.jpg

Left to right:

Stevens 511 Series A, 12-gauge (2¾ and 3"): I bought this one many moons ago from a gunshop in Longview for next to nothing. It has quite possibly the ugliest wood I've ever seen on a shotgun, the triggers are "meh", and it has fixed chokes. But it just works, so it has been kept over the years as sort of "beater" scattergun.

Zabala Hermanos, .410-bore (2½ and 3"): I picked this one up for the dispatching of small pests. It is light weight, there is really no recoil, and it too just works. Someday, I plan to give it to my son.

Baikal SBS, 12-gauge (2¾" only): This curiously short fellow started life as a Baikal SxS Coach Gun. I added a recoil pad. After a Form 1 was approved by our federal friends, it was modified into a SBS with 11" barrels. It is very light and handy. I've had good results with the stubby, NobelSport 00-buck mini-shells (2¼").

How about you?

I've always liked side by side shotguns. Here's my 1910 A.H Fox sterlingworth 12 gauge with 30" barrels. Full and modified, but more like full and extra full with todays ammo:

001-13.jpg

Thanks, I've shot many a turkey with that shotgun. Never had one escape the old side by side. I can't say that about any other shotgun I have. This one has a lot of sentimental value, though, as it belonged to my great grandfather who shot left handed, as I do. It fits me like a glove and swings nice, even though it has 30" barrels. Great for upland game bird hunting too. There's just something peaceful about using this old gun....

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads