JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can understand the need for compatibility of ammo with other services but I would say the balance between compatibility vs what will the pilot need. For one, wasn't the 5.56 meant to wound? A downed pilot shouldn't want to wound an enemy but put them down permanently.

Secondly, how many times will a pilot actually needs to use a hand weapon? I mean the need for ammo compatibility.

I'm thinking use a 8.5" barrel in 300 blk. Skeletonize the handguard and use a minimal stock. Design a small reflex sight that will fit in the grip. A suppressor could be stored below the buffer somehow or below the handguard. Add a quick detach mount to the barrel threads (and perhaps for mounting the suppressor.) and its still a backpack gun.

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE, COST SCHMOST-------------We're not talking real money here, it all comes out of the Pentagon budget. Not to worry! Done with that, I like it, nothing is too good for them folks.

If you look at some of the older wiped and very compact silencers that were intended to be used by downed aircrews with pistols there was obviously an opinion that a pilot could put down one or two enemy and continue evading. The lack of silencers in most kits now makes me wonder if the Russians' experience in Syria has the Air Force thinking that covert evasion is simply not going to happen these days. I don't have any first hand information on the reason to discontinue silencers in survival kits.

The use of suppressors is not with out merit, but part of the whole escape and evade thing is NOT to be where the enemy will be looking for you, and not getting into a fight with them if at all possible! Having a suppressor also means having Sub ammo to feed it, and that adds to the basic load which is already very limited, so your usefulness goes to hell! A defensive carbine is exactly that, self defense only, and your likely to be injured after leaving your Jet behind, so movement, If possible at all, will be slow and labored at best! It used to be that a small .38 revolver was the standard issue, and later ether a 1911 or M-9 ( my Days) was what you carried and there was no carbine at all! Pilots now days have both a pistol and a carbine, and that's a good thing!
Pilots are very highly trained in the Escape and Evade tactics, and part of that is not getting into a fight unless there is no other option!
Any one looking for a downed Pilot is going to have a very hard time finding one, even with N.V/ I.R!

I just saw this article and thought it may be of interest. Nice truck gun...

1582270871094.png
Wayne

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews