JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are so many things wrong with this question and statement it's hard to know where to start.

How about the FACT that the press ALWAYS portrays the defeat of dems over gun control being due to "motivating the opposition" and never that they betrayed their *gun-loving progressive* base.

They voted "against their conscience?" Honestly? Their conscience tells them they should pass more restrictive, anti 2nd Amendment gun control legislation, yet you vote(d) for them,...???????????????
What does this tell you, as a gun owner, about your political decisions.
That maybe you are cutting your own (and everyone else's) throat?
That maybe, like CharonPDX suggested, that you need to clean your own (political) house?
That maybe you should educate your fellow dem voters better?
Oh wait! a LARGE percentage of dem voters believe more restrictive gun laws are the answer, so while you are trying to convince them, they are trying to convince you!
Good luck with that!

*The quintessential political dichotomy. Or maybe a unicorn-like mythical creature that only exists in the mind(s) of the genuinely mis-guided.*

Think you missed my point. You said the following:
"When the subject of the AWB and it's renewal came up, most democrats admitted that it was political suicide to push for renewal.
When obama pushed for reinstatement and making it permanent, democrat leaders again advised him against such a move, on the grounds that it would cost them votes, and possibly their congressional majority."

My point was that if they are afraid they would lose votes if they push for stronger gun control, then that must mean that there are lot of democratic voters out there who are pro-2nd ammendment. What other votes would they be afraid of losing?

You seem to want all pro gun democrats to switch parties. OK, let's say that happened. Now if the Dems get control of the House and Senate, there is no reason for them to fear pushing gun control, because they don't risk losing the next election. My point is that it is a good thing that there are people in both parties who support the 2nd ammendment.

+1

By the time they get done lying to and embarrassing each other (and themselves) even Ralph Nader would look good in comparison. Someone should write a book on how the Republicans cost themselves an election.

A *VERY* right-wing friend of mine commented on this recently. "With this group of nut jobs, I just don't see how we can win this - in a year we ABSOLUTELY should win." I replied with "now you know how Democrats felt in 2004."

I don't know who Charley Rose is but I don't need him or anyone else's opinion to know that the current Repub crop of POTUS candidates aren't worth a tinkers darn. Obama is going to get re-elected not because he is a good POTUS but because his potential opponents are flip flopping, hypocritical, full of hyperbole dolts.

There are no Democrats worth a damn either from Obama on down. I agree with your point about the current crop from the GOP except Ron Paul. At this point I see him as the only candidate that has the nads to change the status quo. Sure there are things I disagree with him on but if I look at all the president and candidates I find they have much more I disagree with.

There are no Democrats worth a damn either from Obama on down. I agree with your point about the current crop from the GOP except Ron Paul. At this point I see him as the only candidate that has the nads to change the status quo. Sure there are things I disagree with him on but if I look at all the president and candidates I find they have much more I disagree with.

I agree, but the money people that run things aren't gonna let him be nominated.

+1

By the time they get done lying to and embarrassing each other (and themselves) even Ralph Nader would look good in comparison. Someone should write a book on how the Republicans cost themselves an election.

Obama doesn't even need to spend money on a campaign. Just let the current Repub POTUS candidates eat each other and then just let the lone survivor talk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top