JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Due display support for military and police this gives criminals butterflies or worse as they are afraid they will be sized up and often avoid homes of vets and police and supporters.

I clearly fly an American flag and a Gasden/POW/Marine Corp flag day and night. I also have left a used target up on my range, that can be seen from the road with a little work, but you would be pretty visible doing it.

This did not deter a criminal in 2013 from walking into my unlocked shop at 1430 on a Sunday afternoon in November with the wife cleaning the chicken coop 60 feet away. That changed the entire way we live. Even then, probably same dude came back a year later, kicked the door in and started into the shop until the German Shepard got a whiff of that fear scent from 80 feet away and started doing her job.

Some people I know think I am paranoid. They are not close friends, and think my 2A and Constitutional stances are a bit off. They feel good over comes evil at all time My real friends and family think and act like I do. When you have been a victim of crime, if you have had close potential deadly force interactions with sh*tbags, when your personal security and that of your home and family has been threatened, you just live in a different world than most people.

Criminals do not think like you and I do. They are very adapt at sizing up criminal situations and doing the interview thing, but at some point in time, their tweaked out fried forever brain cells just cannot put things together rationally. Short of standing there drawing down on them, most of them will roll the dice and see if they can do the crime even with NRA stickers, Fraternal Order of Police, IOFF stickers, they will still try it.

Heads on a pike pole might work.

G
I clearly fly an American flag and a Gasden/POW/Marine Corp flag day and night. I also have left a used target up on my range, that can be seen from the road with a little work, but you would be pretty visible doing it.

This did not deter a criminal in 2013 from walking into my unlocked shop at 1430 on a Sunday afternoon in November with the wife cleaning the chicken coop 60 feet away. That changed the entire way we live. Even then, probably same dude came back a year later, kicked the door in and started into the shop until the German Shepard got a whiff of that fear scent from 80 feet away and started doing her job.

Some people I know think I am paranoid. They are not close friends, and think my 2A and Constitutional stances are a bit off. They feel good over comes evil at all time My real friends and family think and act like I do. When you have been a victim of crime, if you have had close potential deadly force interactions with sh*tbags, when your personal security and that of your home and family has been threatened, you just live in a different world than most people.

Criminals do not think like you and I do. They are very adapt at sizing up criminal situations and doing the interview thing, but at some point in time, their tweaked out fried forever brain cells just cannot put things together rationally. Short of standing there drawing down on them, most of them will roll the dice and see if they can do the crime even with NRA stickers, Fraternal Order of Police, IOFF stickers, they will still try it.

I don't think you are paranoid one bit in fact its pretty much how I do things.
Not always a fan of having that locked in my head but it has saved my life more then a handful.

All I can say is if some dirtbag crosses my threshold uninvited....

There'll be no need for the police, the coroner however is another story...

As far as I'm concerned, you
Intent is to do bodily harm to me or a family member, that will be met with deadly force...

Cause there's always one within arms reach...

Edited to correct the auto-correction corrections :mad:

Last Edited:
Certain visible measures deter some criminals, but not all of them...

Yep and then you get to use Smith and Wesson security.
The key to security is to not tilt your cards to much, the other side of this is if you have taken precaution to avoid having a criminal acts done upon you and then have to use lethal force one can say easily I tried to avoid at all cost this end result ......the legal system is very odd in that even though you did nothing wrong they want to see and ounce of prevention on your part.

I'm more than a little surprised that there aren't some of us calling for responsible firearm ownership? How many of you have guns on the shelf in a closet, drawer with your underwear or by the bed? I don't want/expect an answer.

It's a fact that peoples houses get burglarized. To have unsecured firearms in your home is flat-out irresponsible! Those people that DO have unsecured fire arm are a HUGE part of the problem! And, of course I'm not talking about someone who takes the time to break into a locked steel box.
WHY blame the innocent victim of the theft? Burglary, housebreaking, etc, are all illegal. As noted above, far too often the perps get a slap on the wrist, meanwhile others are jailed for years for having a certain amount of some designated substance, and have harmed no one. We fill our prisons with non-criminals, and let the real ones out in months. Further, there is NO system of restitution. If a guy like this Danielsen creep were to have to work and repay what he stole four times over, and be under tight restrictions until he does, there might be a bit of a deterrent to activities in which he likes to participate. Of course, the stolen arms MUST be returned quickly (not held for years as "evidence", thus turning the State into a thief, depriving the rightful owner of his property) to their owners. Damages told up and a given dollar amount assessed against the perp. If that means selling off his own pesonal property, fine, Sell his house, truck, extra goodies.... this business of babysitting, all found, criminals for years at taxpayer's burden is nuts. We now have the victim of the crime, the tax dollars spend capturing and prosecuting, and now room and board at a rather high rate for a few months, then he's re-inflicted upon the community to go do it some more. Does ANYONE in government "get it"? How about we who PAY for government at gunpoint?

It seems a whole lot of home invasion type robberies are due to marijuana. I'd be careful to not "advertise" if you do certain things with it. word gets around pretty easy and dope is as good as cash to scumbags and all three with guns to boot are usually found together

I don't think anybody's blaming the victims, or telling people they "Must" do things in a certain way, it's just ideas and advice toward avoiding loss if some douche decides to try and steal from you. In my mind, if it isn't on my person, it's in the safe, if you can't afford that, at least a locking file cabinet. BUT THAT'S JUST ME. As far as leaving any firearm unsecured in my house, the absolute last thing I want is to walk in and be confronted with some tweaker holding my own gun, this is one of my biggest concerns in my neighborhood. Everybody just be safe, watch your six, and cover your neighbors, yeah?

There's got to be a market for realistic looking heads on a pike with a placard on the pole that says "criminal"

I lock my doors when I leave the house. Mind explaining why that isn't enough?
its only been in the past four years or so I've even bothered to lock the doors. Friends were moving into a new home in Portland and in conversation with the neighbours just before the move, neighbour vollunteers that she just remembered she had a key for the house... the former owners gave it her forty years ago "just in case". My friends tolkd her they'd like her to keep it "just in case". The house my friends had just moved out of they had built in about 1985. They moved in 2010. They did not find the key to the old house until they were doing the final cleanup..... in all those years they had never locked it. Nothing ever touched. THAT is how things used to be... and should be again. Until thieves are dealt with properly we will never see those days again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top