Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This is disgusting!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cbzdel, Feb 1, 2010.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I live in an apartment.. I would love a house but having an unstable job along with lacking a large down payment makes it difficult to buy one :(

Last night I think the most disgusting thing possible happened..

I live on the first floor and my neighbor above us, got a little drunk and puked off their deck onto our porch..

(So I am assuming, unless someone else walked over to our porch and did so, which I am highly doubting)

I notice at like 4am last night and am furious and I go bang out their door with no answer. So I go to bed, I get up for work this morning 7am and get dressed and ready to go pound on their door again when the wife stops me. She says dont do it this way, you are going to embarrass them and make things very awkward for here on out, I say I dont care but she is begging me to handle this in a more civilized manor. So I say I will think about it then handle it on my lunch break.

So if banging on their door and telling them to clean up the puke is not civilized, what is??

The reason I noticed it was because our dog woke us up to be let out to go to the bathroom, I was half asleep when I notice my dog eating something off the ground so I turned on the light and found my porch covered in puke.

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Pretty gross, ugh. I don't miss my apartment years.

The civilized approach would be to knock on their door and tell them that someone in thier apartment did it and ask them to come by later that day and hose it off. It is very likely that they won't even remember doing it. Stay calm and don't get into a shouting match. If they refuse call the manager and explain yourself and ask the maintainance personal to clean it and bill your neighbor. If that doesn't work, hose it off yourself and go on with your life. You don't want to accept your neighbors invitation to a war. They only lead to more anger and difficulties.

Just my 0.02.

3. Randini

Randini Salem Member

I dont know what to say but I am also living in an apartment and would not like that at all too, but I think your wife has a point as much as it makes it hard to try and just live with the neighbors will they come clean it up? dont think so, it will just stir things up and may get you in hot water with the management, I would just wash it off and hope to move in better times, good luck.

4. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

The only problem with cleaning it myself is there is no hose on the unit, well you need a special knob to turn it on at least. So its really for maintenance access only.

If I threw a bucket of water on it and scrubbed it, it would not clean up the chunks I would be left with, I could vacuum the chunks but then probably ruin my vacuum cleaner with the foul smell!

Maybe I will just go straight to management and say you guys clean it or I can talk to my neighbor about cleaning it.

Hmmm.. My lunch break is in 90 minutes..

edit: if we were living in some cheap apartment complex I probably wouldn't care and just deal with it myself, but we are living in the nicest apartments in the area. We wanted something really nice since the banks would not loan us the cash to get a house. So our rent is as much as a mortgage would cost and our neighbors and just like the neighbors that would be in the crappy apartments!

5. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

6. pencap

pencap Oregon Member

Just call the management and have them come over and clean it up.

Or let the dog finish it off.

7. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Sounds like typical apartment living to me. If it's not someone backing into your car, it's someone else leaving beer cans in front of your door. Glad I don't have to deal with it!

8. d1esel

d1esel Ridgefield WA. Member

Rent a house.

9. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

If you let it go once , then the level of civility just dropped in your whole complex . If the mgmt. doesn't take action , then you just found out about the kind of people you are living with .

10. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

we were thinking about renting a house but this way we dont have to worry about yard work or anything, but then we have this to deal with so its a lose lose suituation I guess.

I talked to management on my lunch break.. They said they would send someone over asap to pressure wash for me.

The maint. guy came over, he wasnt very happy..

Come to find out there was a small party upstairs last night and the maint guy is one of my neighbors really good friends, he was there last night and doesnt remember anything happening.. He seemed to be kinda pissed off I reported it now. And when I was leaving to go back to work their whole little "clique" was out front giving me dirty looks. WTF, they are all i their late 20's early 30's.. Doesnt that kinda stuff end in high school??

11. gnarkill

gnarkill Richland, WA Member

I puked off a balcony once at an apartment building, dont know why but it was a good idea at the time. I cleaned it up though the next morning after realizing it was a dumb idea. That was college though so it' ok right?

12. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

there are not rules in college :bluelaugh:

13. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

We live in apartments too, I feel your pain with the idiot/partying neighbors, and poor maintenance/management. Maybe talk to Mgmt about the maint guy's actions, also?
    But ours is full of crackheads, so it's no surprise here. :bluelaugh: I think the most original problem we had was our downstairs neighbors tossed fireworks on our car windshield a couple years ago (But he thankfully fessed up and fixed it). Or maybe when SWAT raided the apartment across the hall from us.

14. kenr74

kenr74 Oregon Active Member

I learned pretty fast that if you HAVE to live in an apartment make sure to get the top floor.

15. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

+1 Living in a townhouse with a shared wall was almost as bad for my wife and I when we moved here from MN. Had some people move into the other side of our townhouse and the very first night we hear this tremendous bang on the wall that almost knocked out dresser mirror off of it and then a woman scream "don't hit me again". They next two years was a fun filled era of calls to the police and to our landlord. My landlord was a good guy and on our side, but unfortunately I learned just how hard it is to evict someone in Oregon even with good cause.

16. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

This sort of thing is standard fare for apartment dwellers. And you live in Fife, too? Damn, I'm sorry...

17. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

We had one of those upstairs too. Trashy couple always fighting and doing drugs. One night we hear more banging around than normal, she started screaming like crazy and we went into the hall where we could hear them better. He was saying he was gonna kill her and she was screaming and crying that he broke her ankle. We called the cops, guy got arrested, and we got subpoenas.

18. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Hey whats wrong with Fife :huh:

Lived in fife pretty much the past 5 years.. One side of the freeway is like the ghetto, the other side (where I live) is very nice actually IMO...

19. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter