JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was sent this in an email and thought it might be worth passing on.

It's long been a truism that more guns means less crime. That may seem like a paradox, but when criminals have to wonder if potential victims are armed, it decreases the likelihood they'll commit a crime. Now, according to a new report set to be released by the Crime Prevention Research Center, we learn that murder rates have fallen at the same time concealed carry permits have skyrocketed. We don't think that's a coincidence. Since 2007, the number of people with concealed carry permits has nearly tripled — from 4.6 million to 12.8 million. And 2014 enjoyed a 15.4% increase over 2013 in permit applications, while seven states don't even require a permit. According to The Washington Times, we can thank Barack Obama, in a manner of speaking: "Between 1999 to 2007, the number of permits increased by about 240,000 per year. But in the next four years, during Mr. Obama's first term in the White House, the number of new permits issued jumped to 850,000 per year. From 2011 to 2013, the number increased by 1.5 million, rising to 1.7 million last year." Meanwhile, both the murder rate and violent crime rate dropped 25%. That doesn't in any way belittle the tragic loss of life caused by bad guys with guns, but the solution isn't to take guns away from the law-abiding.

Yes, the guy did a good job, too bad it will fall on deaf, and dumb ears.
I would say "deaf and dumb ears" . . that would be an insult to the deaf and dumb. No, our politicians & libtards here in the PacNW are in their own special class of idiot. . . why else would the people who complain about Washington's governor raising the gasoline tax, and Oregon going to the 'pay per mile' tax keep voting for Democrats?

:s0037:

I would say "deaf and dumb ears" . . that would be an insult to the deaf and dumb. No, our politicians & libtards here in the PacNW are in their own special class of idiot. . . why else would the people who complain about Washington's governor raising the gasoline tax, and Oregon going to the 'pay per mile' tax keep voting for Democrats?

:s0037:

After i wrote that, i knew someone would pick up on it, and i thought the same thing, about being an insult to the deaf and dumb. I did not intend for it to be an insulting remark, your right about the idiots here in the PacNW. When i was a kid, i got a job in the mill, they gave me 30 days to learn my job, or loose it. Now, some of these ''politicians'' have been there in office for decades and STILL GET IT WRONG!! When will people start taking a stand, and out them????

Doesnt matter...liberals think that we are in more dangerous times because mass shootings happen in gun free zones...they could care less about the facts

Doesnt matter...liberals think that we are in more dangerous times because mass shootings happen in gun free zones...they could care less about the facts
They could also care less about self defense. Self defense is NOT a liberal concept and is never regarded by them. I have said it over and over the liberal position (it seems) is that it is better to be a victim than to defend yourself.

I love the fact that Obunghole has driven gun sales and CCL's through the roof but on the other hand I kind of hate the whole consept of CC Licensing as it pertains to registering us as gun owners as a whole. I don't want to divert the thread so please don't turn this on it's head as the important facts are that crime and murder rates are falling and the proof is in the pudding that being armed is better than being a victim as the OP's post confirmed.

Using a gun, to Protect someone, is a SelfLess act. Something the Liberal Mindset can not conceive of doing.

It is Beyond their Ability, as One definition of Liberal is All for Me.

it is like the Compromise Issue. Compromise to a Liberal is Give me your cake. Nothing in Return.

philipism don't break the Rules, even if liberals do it, Its Not Correct. :confused:

Yea, it's pretty interesting (didn't read as it's understood/given data).. and absolutely moot. The hard and undeniable facts started in Florida.. when Cuba was dumping the murderers and thugs there and that state started the ball rolling allowing citizens to carry iron to defend themselves about thirty years ago. And then "it" "the data" radiated from there.. to here and now.
"They" don't give a rat about anything but making you the subservient dog that they consider you as deservedly being. Very academic and interesting though. I would imagine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top