Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This is a cool board, says NotherNoob

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pdxjohann, Nov 20, 2008.

1. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

Hey you all,

Your board is pretty cool so far. Years ago, in the '70's I picked up a 10/22 and Mark II to plink and vermin hunt. You see no one in my family hunted. It was not then cool to advertise having a gun in the household. So with lots of kids to worry about and no hunting by dad, no guns were about growing up. I bought a pistol and rifle but didn't really use them. Now 30 years later, I've brought home a new defense and maybe CC pistol - thanks to some FFL's on this board. So it seems I am just starting out at an older age.

Well this board has been my information place so far. In a way, you all are my mentors. Seems funny that an internet site might hold my mentors.

Yah, Joey, I did post elsewhere on this board before intro's. You can kick my butt in person at the Expo Gun show. I'll look for you all then.

Thanks,
    John

free person
    builder tradesman
    off member
    maybe nra too later
    sometimes chats too much
    "so sue me"

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome Johann, I look forward to meeting you :)

3. ron22250

ron22250 Newberg Member

Welcome to the board :)

4. theparanorm

theparanorm Everywhere - Μολὼν λάβε Member

Howdy and welcome...

New here too and loving this place. :thumbup:

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Welcome!