JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, 1:04
Police officer: "Here's the deal, when the police talk to you, we don't allow you to have any firearms on you."
Uh? What's the ORS on that?...

Towards the end of the video
The guy holding the camera asked, "Can you cite the[/an] ordinance?"
The police officer responded with "I'm not going to argue with you."
Asking for factual information is arguing?
Using the law to protect/express your rights is arguing? The police compared him indirectly with wackjobs, their own wording!

The question I have is whether or not the guy walking around is committing a crime?
If I'm "alarmed" by gang-bangers, should I call the police on them?

Oh yes, I know we live in a world were people do not carry guns and have fear,
but why should I be penalized because of their fears?
Why do I have to get in the closet and hide?

As far as I'm concerned this isn't about gun control it's about people control.
And if you don't trust me with a firearm: you don't trust me.

Wow, 1:04
Police officer: "Here's the deal, when the police talk to you, we don't allow you to have any firearms on you."
Uh? What's the ORS on that?...

Towards the end of the video
The guy holding the camera asked, "Can you cite the[/an] ordinance?"
The police officer responded with "I'm not going to argue with you."
Asking for factual information is arguing?
Using the law to protect/express your rights is arguing? The police compared him indirectly with wackjobs, their own wording!

The question I have is whether or not the guy walking around is committing a crime?
If I'm "alarmed" by gang-bangers, should I call the police on them?

Oh yes, I know we live in a world were people do not carry guns and have fear,
but why should I be penalized because of their fears?
Why do I have to get in the closet and hide?

As far as I'm concerned this isn't about gun control it's about people control.
And if you don't trust me with a firearm: you don't trust me.

You're missing the point. This guy wasn't just minding his own business, he was running around doing everything possible to get the cops to come. I'm 29 and very open minded and pro constitution but if you walk around looking like a wacko creeper you're gonna get treated like a creeper. You can't tell me that if you were walking through the store and saw some goofy looking weirdo walking around with a rifle that it wouldn't strike you as odd and you'd most likely keep an eye on him, correct? The cops had no choice but to come, they can't just say no, and if I was a cop then I would also ask the wacko I was talking to if he would disarm. Cops get shot, A LOT. Can't blame someone for doing the appropriate steps to ensure their safety

You're missing the point. This guy wasn't just minding his own business, he was running around doing everything possible to get the cops to come.
How do you know that? Are you a mind reader?
Did you not see part of the sign that he was holding? To me it looked like he was promoting a politician, and he just happened to be carrying firearms while doing it.
I'm 29 and very open minded and pro constitution but if you walk around looking like a wacko creeper you're gonna get treated like a creeper.
Show me in the constitution where it is legal to treat "wacko creeper" as creepers.
Open minded? You're trying to dictate law by your feelings.

You can't tell me that if you were walking through the store and saw some goofy looking weirdo walking around with a rifle that it wouldn't strike you as odd and you'd most likely keep an eye on him, correct?
Every situation is different. Your idea of weirdo and mine are different. Someone dressed nicely in a supermarket saying something like, "[foul] you!" out loud would get my concerned attention faster than some guy bumbling about himself (obviously carry), while he pushes a shopping cart or carries a 6 pack of beer.

Can't blame someone for doing the appropriate steps to ensure their safety
Appropriate steps? You mean like Die Endlösung?
No seriously, what is "appropriate" to you?
Saddam did some pretty interesting things to keep the "appropriate" population safe from those who weren't "appropriate."

As for my opinion of your opinion, I believe you have demonized him enough to the point where no data, legal or otherwise will change your mind. And this makes me wonder about your "open minded[ness]". Moreover, you seem not to be looking for forgiveness or resolution, either with this guy recanting his "wacko" behavior - your words - or you stepping back from your position and letting him exercise his rights.

I don't like the fact that they were stopping him,but I would like other Open carry advocates to stop him.
We don't need idiots like him helping us.

What we do need is for these types to print out a page with the laws and links to the official state and city sites with the laws to give to the police.
I mean if you want to be the smart guy and try to tool the cops,have your info at hand to give to them
Tell them why you won't consent to being IDed,being stopped,why you are caring the guns,why they should be upholding the constitution.
he asked then if they were sworn to uphold the constitution. Show them what you are talking about.Otherwise they think you are just some nut case

The LEOs don't always know and think you are just a douche making life miserable for them
Which this guy and the guy walking around CA open carrying a unloaded gun were doing.

Not helping the RTKBA at all

These kinds are not representative of me

This is just asinine! This guy was/is looking for confrontation on the same order as the occupy crowd! It has nothing to do with the 2nd or any other for that matter. He is just looking for attention and it irritates me to no end when people like this use the 2nd to get their (attention) fix!!!

How pulling stunts like this will change the minds of people that are already anti 2A or tip the undecided to our side is beyond me.

Lefty.

I would like to ask the guy what he hopes/hoped to accomplish by his actions.

If he was intentionally being malicious, I would bet money that he does not have us who frequent here at heart.
His actions and intentions may be paid for by someplace like the brady foundation.
I have no way of knowing until I or someone here finds a way to ask him.

Why do you cop haters hate cops? Geeze, this nutter walks around causing trouble with a camera, puts it on youtube and you guys bash the police because the troll was tote'n a rifle? This is not a 2A issue, it's a mental health issue. Taze the clown and lock him up for being a public nuisance. The police have a thankless job.

<broken link removed>

Sorry if its been posted already, its news to me. I'm pretty sure he's been doing this a while, i remember seeing some of his vids before. I am ALL FOR open carry and our rights as Americans, but walking around with a handgun AND a rifle is just too much. It should be a crime what he's doing since it is a public nuisance. I'm pro gun rights and open carry but if I saw some guy walking around with 2 guns I couldn't help but wonder wtf he needs the rifle for.

The way he talks doesn't help his case either.

I agree it's going to far but I wholeheartedly disagree that we should change laws to make this illegal. Never help out the anti gunners, moderate gun owners are what the anti's want to persuade and frankly I worry more about moderate gun owners than full blown anti's as you guys are the gun owners most willing to bargain away my rights.

Agreed, the police should at least wait until he his reloading between shots before they stop him and ask "WTF are you doing, over?!"

Where are the shots fired? It's all in your head, you've allowed yourself to become conditioned to think that way. There was a time in this country when a high school kid would be trusted with a rifle mounted in the window of their truck in the school parking lot. People with the attitude you displayed are why a kid now doing the exact same thing for the exact same reason would be at risk of a preemptive gun shot by an officer who "deserved to go home to his family that night".

I don't know what this guys motivation is. He does not come across like someone I would want advocating for my rights. I am not talking about the sound of his speech but how his thoughts seem to lack clarity. To be honest I cannot see anything good coming from this guys actions.

Where are the shots fired? It's all in your head, you've allowed yourself to become conditioned to think that way. There was a time in this country when a high school kid would be trusted with a rifle mounted in the window of their truck in the school parking lot. People with the attitude you displayed are why a kid now doing the exact same thing for the exact same reason would be at risk of a preemptive gun shot by an officer who "deserved to go home to his family that night".

There was also a time when you could wash your child's mouth out with soap and take your belt to their butt when they misbehaved. While I'll agree that the officer was ill equiped to deal with this "armed individual" and defaulted to arrest mode when blind compliance wasn't achieved, this gun wielding nut-job is making us look bad! He's no better than the "Don't Taze me bro!" college tard that want to argue with the police and make a spectacle of himself.

A police officer has a right to identify a person if they have reasonable suspicion. Now here's the Catch-22...you don't need to carry ID on you. Nevertheless, this guy is obviously trotting up and down the streets with a political sign, my first thought is did he get a permit with the city to do so? No, you say? It's his right to do so? Well if any of those businesses called the police to have him leave their premises, he has to leave...if he refuses then he is tresspassing.

That's pretty much all the police can do (tell him to leave) and attempt to ID him during a field interview.

FYI, when asked for your ID you must give law enforcemnt your full name and date of birth.

Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otherwise, you will be detained until your identification can be verfied by LEO.

There was also a time when you could wash your child's mouth out with soap and take your belt to their butt when they misbehaved. While I'll agree that the officer was ill equiped to deal with this "armed individual" and defaulted to arrest mode when blind compliance wasn't achieved, this gun wielding nut-job is making us look bad! He's no better than the "Don't Taze me bro!" college tard that want to argue with the police and make a spectacle of himself.

A police officer has a right to identify a person if they have reasonable suspicion. Now here's the Catch-22...you don't need to carry ID on you. Nevertheless, this guy is obviously trotting up and down the streets with a political sign, my first thought is did he get a permit with the city to do so? No, you say? It's his right to do so? Well if any of those businesses called the police to have him leave their premises, he has to leave...if he refuses then he is tresspassing.

That's pretty much all the police can do (tell him to leave) and attempt to ID him during a field interview.

FYI, when asked for your ID you must give law enforcemnt your full name and date of birth.

Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otherwise, you will be detained until your identification can be verfied by LEO.

====================================================

I disagree with you're conclusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Know My Rights | When do I have to show ID? | police-encounters | faq

Currently the following states have stop and identify laws: AL, AR, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, KS, LA, MO, MT, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, ND, RI, UT, VT, WI
Regardless of your state's law, keep in mind that police can never compel you to identify yourself without reasonable suspicion to believe you're involved in criminal activity. Rather than asking the officer if he/she has reasonable suspicion, test it yourself by asking if you're free to go.

Why would anyone want to be a cop. There are to many nuts walking the streets. What would you do if someone was standing infront of your home, or a day care with an AR15? is it there right? would you call the cops?

I think the cops should ID you. I wonder what would happen if this guy did start shooting people,Then we found out that some one did call the police and they did not come out to check,Then that would be the cops fault also..You cops dont get paid enough for what you have to put up with.If I was a on the jury for this guys lawsuit he would loose.

Why would anyone want to be a cop. There are to many nuts walking the streets. What would you do if someone was standing infront of your home, or a day care with an AR15? is it there right? would you call the cops?

I think the cops should ID you. I wonder what would happen if this guy did start shooting people,Then we found out that some one did call the police and they did not come out to check,Then that would be the cops fault also..You cops dont get paid enough for what you have to put up with.If I was a on the jury for this guys lawsuit he would loose.

I was also reading about him standing at a bus stop with his rifle and handgun. Parents had to beg the bus driver to let the kids off because he wouldn't leave

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top