JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this speech was in 2007 listen close and watch his smile at the end.It is 3 yrs later he is the new regulation czar for OBAMA,recently he has mention taking body parts like china.Without consent,unless you have written docs.there are more clips to the right side.I believe once the 10 gov, panel is picked and in place the gun ban is right around the corner...............:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flfHZgT-SeI&feature=related

He sounds like just another out of touch politician that says what he thinks people want to hear depending on who he is talking to. This is the the very root of our problem in this country. It is our government that is in need of drastic reform to rid it of nut cases like this.

A lot of folks on the left hate Sunstein too, for other reasons. Has lots of bad ideas. Regardless, he's a brilliant legal thinker. Luckily, he's just one voice among very many in the prez's circle of advisors.

A lot of folks on the left hate Sunstein too, for other reasons. Has lots of bad ideas. Regardless, he's a brilliant legal thinker. Luckily, he's just one voice among very many in the prez's circle of advisors.

Well unfortunately he's just one voice of very many others just as wacked out as he is in the prez's circle of advisors. And I'm sick and tired of all these people described as "but he's brilliant in this aspect". I don't care how brilliant somebody is if they are radical extremists which seems to me that that's all this prez seems to surround himself with. I'm ready to just kick every single person that's in the gov't out of their jobs and start over with some normal every day people. Common sense over brilliance any day of the week.

Well unfortunately he's just one voice of very many others just as wacked out as he is in the prez's circle of advisors. And I'm sick and tired of all these people described as "but he's brilliant in this aspect". I don't care how brilliant somebody is if they are radical extremists which seems to me that that's all this prez seems to surround himself with. I'm ready to just kick every single person that's in the gov't out of their jobs and start over with some normal every day people. Common sense over brilliance any day of the week.
Damm, buy that man a drink! I like the way you think! Thank you

I just don't see how one can believe in America and individual rights, while espousing the merits of soft paternalism. Which at it's core is just plain anti-American. Dangerous days lay ahead when men like this roam the halls of political power.

I just don't see how one can believe in America and individual rights, while espousing the merits of soft paternalism. Which at it's core is just plain anti-American. Dangerous days lay ahead when men like this roam the halls of political power.

I wholly agree, although I think this group leans more towards hard paternalism. I think that's the end game for these people, to control every aspect of your life. But to find my hope for us just look at my quote at the bottom of my post. We will prevail :s0155:

Where's the outrage over the fact that just about every police agency in the country has been using these tactics (and worse) against left-wingers and the labor movement continuously for more than a century?

The little Bolshevik rats in the labor movement DO deserve worse. Look how much special interest influence they have with Obama....last week they made all 'Cadillac', high benefit health plans for UNION WORKERS EXEMPT from the TAXES that the .gov wants to impose on what they see as 'Cadillac' Health plans. While my health plan is free to be taxed to extinction, in an effort to make everyones coverage the same, or worse force me into a gdamn union. If it were up to me, guys like Andy Stern would be stuffed into an oven on Pay-Per-View.

The little Bolshevik rats in the labor movement DO deserve worse. Look how much special interest influence they have with Obama....last week they made all 'Cadillac', high benefit health plans for UNION WORKERS EXEMPT from the TAXES that the .gov wants to impose on what they see as 'Cadillac' Health plans. While my health plan is free to be taxed to extinction, in an effort to make everyones coverage the same, or worse force me into a gdamn union. If it were up to me, guys like Andy Stern would be stuffed into an oven on Pay-Per-View.

That's not the labor movement I'm talking about - the real workers who fought and died for a few simple rights would be disgusted by those fat pigs sucking from the public trough.

No one is denying the fact that in the past there has been some positive aspects to what unions have done for workers rights.
Nonetheless, to ignore the very bad, and the very blatant greed the unions are guilty of nowadays is being disingenuous to any such discussion, and even worse by being disingenuous to yourself, and to those very ones that did the good whom you have cited.
:

Since my comment was made in the context of a discussion about government infiltration and surveillance of activist organizations, it should have been clear to you that I was not referring to modern institutionalized unions. The only thing here that's disingenuous is your assumption that I support such institutions. Also your threadjacking of my threadjack... ;).....

What? That they do not infiltrate such organizations today? Why should they? They have the President in their back pocket. A far worse reality.

So you do not support unions?

I support unions that dedicate their time, energy, and money to representing interests of their workers in the workplace. I think collective bargaining is great, even when workers collectively shoot themselves in the foot (cough, cough auto workers). I think it's great when unions advocate for worker-friendly laws (minimum wage, family and medical leave, etc.). I don't support the ones that are merely adjuncts of the Democratic party. Unfortunately, that's most of them these days.

I'm in a trade union... its a mixed bag for me (I'm a conservative) the continuing training and schooling is MOST EXCELLENT, +1 on the collective bargaining, and there are more conservative minded members in my local than one might think, BUT just about every union is ultimately affiliated with the AFL-CIO, and THOSE schmucks make my skin crawl.

I'm in a trade union... its a mixed bag for me (I'm a conservative) the continuing training and schooling is MOST EXCELLENT, +1 on the collective bargaining, and there are more conservative minded members in my local than one might think, BUT just about every union is ultimately affiliated with the AFL-CIO, and THOSE schmucks make my skin crawl.

Could be worse...could be SEIU lol

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR