Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This forum change is nice! Affordable wheelguns that are reliable

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by OPAWY, Jan 9, 2011.

1. OPAWY

OPAWY NorthCentral Wyoming Member

This forum restructure is really nice! It is easier to read the new topics and subforums.
    But on to the subject at hand. CCW wheelgun that is reliable and affordable. What say you?

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I disagree and

From every reloader I have talked to,the strongest ones are Rugers.And cheaper than S&W and Colts.
    I have owned a few Tauruses and sold them soon after buying. I just don't like the actions

You can find used Ruger SP101s and GP100s for a good price.They aint purty but they're strong.

3. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Mixed reaction on the forum change.

+1 on the Ruger comments.

4. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Define affordable.

Any current manufacturers fire arm with quality ammo would suffice once proven reliable. Weight becomes an issue. After forty plus years of carry my revolvers tend to get smaller and smaller. My two go to revolvers are a M640 .357 j frame and a Charter arms Bulldog in .44spl. Some times a 2.5 in M686 or a 4" M29. A M36 Chief, M32 Terrier, Service or Security Six, if you have the body size a 1911 platform. What ever you carry you need to be proficient with it and have 100% trust in it.

5. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Affordable wheel gun - You can not beat the S&W. My 686 was less the the Ruger GP 100. Better gun too. I love my 686. and yes I carry it when I don't wear a 45. I also would be using my wife model12 airweight, if she let me.:D

6. accurateone

accurateone Eastern Washington Member

Hey this forum is excellent... I am however struggling with the new Grey color scheme, as grey in my world means the program is not in use, or unaccessable... Found the blue to soft apple green schemes a lot easier to use. Also where is the PISTOL icon for the bookmarks.. are guys having to hide that they are on the forum?

+1 on the Ruger,
    Have owned many, Smith & Wesson, Dan Wesson, Taurus, Heritage, H&R, etc.. revolvers, but for durability, value/price, and field service the Ruger KGP100 and others models are hard to beat.

A1

7. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

You can still find a good police surplus Smith and Wesson .38 K frame for less than $300 if you look around.

8. mjbskwim

Oh and we need the 1911 emblem back so I can find the bookmark easier.

9. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

Hate the new forum, love Smiths more than Colts and despise Bill Ruger's company.

10. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Resale value? Colts and Smiths will outlast Rugers in resale. I don't know if any are stronger or not but you will get more money for the Smith and Colt should you sell.

11. mjbskwim

Man I looked at a Vaquero in 357 today and the sp101
    The sp is as smooth as a 1972 rossi.What a terrible action.

Now the Vaquero is very nice.I think I'm needin' to get one of those.

Ans the resale of colts and S&Ws comes mostly from more people thinking they are the cool brands.

I mean come on,do you want to say you have a "ruger" or "I have a Smith","I have a Colt"
    Yeah baby a Colt.

12. owdee tt nl

owdee tt nl Edmonds or Renton Member

liking the new structure much better than the old

13. mjbskwim

Hey I just realized.I can put "The feed back score is down by 3" in my signature!
    Oh boy!