JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
12ga slugs have been rightly known as good stoppers on dangerous game, but tend to over-penetrate in hominids. OATH Ammunition has two new designs that solve over-penetration along with greatly improving reliability in box-fed shotguns.

Above is their 1.25oz 1600fps all-copper slug designed to expand to an incredible 2.5″ and penetrate just enough to punch through a hostile human with little energy left to harm anyone downrange. If you've ever heard the expression: "a hole big enough to toss a cat through," consider that cats can fit any opening larger than their heads, and smaller breeds have heads under 2.5″ in circumference. The copper or aluminum expander die visible in the middle ensures reliable opening even through heavy clothing. The die itself penetrates deeper than the expanded slug.

OATH_12ga_frangible_D6A1900web-440x660.jpg OATH_12ga_slugs_D6A1913web-440x660.jpg

OATH_12ga_expanding_D6A1888web-660x440.jpg OATH_12ga_expanding_D6A1893web-660x660.jpg

Full Article: OATH Expanding and Fragmenting Slugs - AllOutdoor.com

For the money, I'd think I'd be better of with something that has proven itself such as #1 buck, 00, etc. Get a bunch and be able to practice with it. But that stuff sure does look pretty, I'll give them that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top