Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This could catch on...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZigZagZeke, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

2. rltrim46ford

rltrim46ford lebanon Well-Known Member

We had best for a letting the police do their jobs and stay our of their way. Those that don't comply with their lawful directives or challenge them are pretty much putting themselves in the position of saying "I am willing to take whatever the throw at me." Anything less than that and the miscreants have won and they can pretty much do what they want. Just my opinion but it's right.

3. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to hear what Leo's think about it.

4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

As long as no vigilanti actions are taken and they don't interfere to provoke a response I see no issues.

Perfect execution of their filming rights.

Flip side of the coin is somebody will take it upon themselves to do wrong.

No calling out home addresses, phone numbers or spouse/children's info. Crooked people should be held accountable BY the people.

5. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

I'm all for citizens exercising their rights. This however is nothing more than petty, childish, mob mentality and they are playing a dangerous game. This is tantamount to placing a bounty on peoples lives. And who, I wonder, will be responsible for the fallout? Anyone can print a flyer and put peoples names on it. Where are the facts? Imagine the uproar if the Police started distributing flyers with citizens names printed on them, telling them to "be on the look out for these folks, they are up to no good". Can you say defamation?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    soberups and albin25 like this.
  6. rltrim46ford

rltrim46ford lebanon Well-Known Member

Domestic terrorism is what they are promoting. Much like a lot of the demonstrators of late.

IheartSig and albin25 like this.
  7. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Stockton has a long history of employing really bad cops and keeping them on the payroll regardless. I grew up there and I knew a lot of them from my high school years. Certain individuals were famous for an unprovoked beat-down, drinking on the job, even dealing drugs on duty. Witnesses were silenced, evidence "lost", and whatever was left over was whitewashed. This happens only as the result of decades of frustration with holding the Stockton police accountable for illegal, brutal actions. It's not a matter of obeying lawful commands. It's the unlawful commands, routine searches in violation of the 4th and 5th Amendments, harassment, false arrests, and just plain violent power tripping that have people riled up. When government won't do anything about it people find other ways to deal with it.