JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems gimmicky to me.

Lots of other symptoms then a elevated body temp.

That's what a $4 thermometer is for

Bend over. ;-)

The advantage is constant monitoring of a sick person without waking them up or otherwise bothering them. Also, the person doing the monitoring doesn't have to periodically stop what they are doing and take temps.

It was annoying when I was in the hospital trying to sleep and recover from a surgery and they kept waking me up to check on me.

It was annoying when I was in the hospital trying to sleep and recover from a surgery and they kept waking me up to check on me.

You obviously weren't in enough pain. My only long stay at a hospital, following surgery, I'd get my morphine+toradol injection, sleep for two hours, wake up due to pain, sweat it out for two more hours, then get the next dose (had to go at least 4 hours between doses). That lasted for about 3 days.

On the plus side, I was generally always awake for the nurse checks.

You obviously weren't in enough pain. My only long stay at a hospital, following surgery, I'd get my morphine+toradol injection, sleep for two hours, wake up due to pain, sweat it out for two more hours, then get the next dose (had to go at least 4 hours between doses). That lasted for about 3 days.

On the plus side, I was generally always awake for the nurse checks.

I was on Vicodin (first time I ever had a narcotic so it worked well) and coming out of the anesthetic - it only really hurt when I got out of bed, stood up on crutches and the blood rushed to my foot, which had pins sticking out of it because it was crushed.

I was on Vicodin (first time I ever had a narcotic so it worked well) and coming out of the anesthetic - it only really hurt when I got out of bed, stood up on crutches and the blood rushed to my foot, which had pins sticking out of it because it was crushed.

Ouch! One thing I'm glad of: I didn't have to mess with hardware. I was dropped and decked while climbing. Burst 3 vertebrate, compressed the spinal cord with lots of little bone fragments. I had to be flat on my back for a week following surgery so my first time sitting up, the blood rushed to my legs too! (And my BP dropped so much I blacked out)

"Can you help Hugh? Hugh forgot where Hugh parked Hugh's cube..."
Hugh.jpg

Last Edited:
Heck, just implant that thing! Think of the possibilities for the future? People could be monitored at all times.

"SkyWater Technologies" Catchy name. Sounds familiar somehow. :s0087:

If you have a smart phone and the battery has power you are already there and you are funding it. Same goes for any of those internet spies people buy so they can say "Alexa, please play heavy metal yodeling music".

If you have a smart phone and the battery has power you are already there and you are funding it. Same goes for any of those internet spies people buy so they can say "Alexa, please play heavy metal yodeling music".

I don't have a smart phone, Wifey has one though. She had to get one because her employee's wouldn't answer their phones, but they'll respond to texts, sometimes, but not always.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top