JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd be more upset if I got that after paying for the knife.

I have to admit it's unusual to sell only the trimmings, but I suppose it's more ethical than auctioning off one's virginity (or some of the other things that have popped up on ebay from time to time).

I'd be more upset if I got that after paying for the knife.

I have to admit it's unusual to sell only the trimmings, but I suppose it's more ethical than auctioning off one's virginity (or some of the other things that have popped up on ebay from time to time).

true.

You know I've heard of people getting ripped off when they bid on the whole thing as described and only got the box....

I remember when the Original XBOX came out seeing a chinese take out box with X written on it, and it sold for $500. It had pics showing exactly what it was, and even said "this is not a microsoft xbox."...but if someones stupid enough to bid on somthing without reading the description or looking at the pics, I have very little sympathy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when the Original XBOX came out seeing a chinese take out box with X written on it, and it sold for $500. It had pics showing exactly what it was, and even said "this is not a microsoft xbox." Sure the guy may be an ahole, but if someones stupid enough to bid on somthing without reading the description or looking at the pics, I have very little sympathy.

Caveat emptor

If someone got a knife for christmas in thier stocking with no box, and didnt like it, they could not sell it as NIB. This would solve that problem. A friend of mine bought some parts from a 4wd shop took them out of the box and threw the box away. Turned out not to be the right ones, and the store would not exchange them without the box. He had to buy a box from the manufacturer and pay to have it shipped to him.

If someone got a knife for christmas in thier stocking with no box, and didnt like it, they could not sell it as NIB. This would solve that problem. A friend of mine bought some parts from a 4wd shop took them out of the box and threw the box away. Turned out not to be the right ones, and the store would not exchange them without the box. He had to buy a box from the manufacturer and pay to have it shipped to him.

You may very well have hit on the reason WHY someone would want to buy an empty box. :s0155:

Also collectors are a different bunch, especially knife collectors; a knife without a box is considered by some to be an incomplete item for a collection.

I have all the boxes my knives came in, though I've never bought just a box, I sort of understand it.

Also collectors are a different bunch, especially knife collectors; a knife without a box is considered by some to be an incomplete item for a collection.

I have all the boxes my knives came in, though I've never bought just a box, I sort of understand it.

I highly doubt this is why this guy is selling this though, seeing as how it comes complete with a WWE t-shirt......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top