JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was sitting in the tall grass next to a clearing and realized my 1956 Winchester 94' was older than me. Snapped a picture for posterity... turned out pretty good. The deer never arrived, but the day was good.
IMG_3239.JPG

I just picked up a cut down 1938 model 94 in 30-30 its a bit beat and has a couple things I'll fix up but I got a very good price and the bore and action appear VG. So I now have 3) model 94's

A 1968 Buffalo Bill 26" barrel Rifle 30-30 with super deluxe Sights (Montana Vintage Arms Combo on the front and a Williams Target Peep on the rear with a Bubble level in the middle. This rifle is in 95%+ condition
A 1925 Carbine in 30 WCF with Nickle Steel Barrel the metal was very professionally reblued back in the 60's and is beautiful Wood is totally original and beautiful This carbine came with an optional King Full Buckhorn No. 51 rear sight and a Marbles front similar to a number 5
And now a 1938 "Trapper" 16.5" barrel 30 WCF This appears to have been cut down from a 20" carbine the Crown was done professionally and the front sight is mounted via a wrap around mount with an integral dovetail. The rear sight is Winchester Sporting rear with a short stepped elevator. The Butt stock appears to be a replacement and the Receiver is lacking any bluing. My plans for this is to turn it into a Truck gun for my Willys Jeep as it has really no collectors valve with so much previous work done to it.

And for a pretty picture how about my 1905 Deluxe Model 1895 in 30-40 Krag/30 Gov with deluxe burl wood and Lyman #21 Receiver mounted rear sight.

RLFirLA.jpg

Only gun I still own that's older than me. Only reason I keep it is sentimental value. Grandfather owned it. He bought a bar after retirement. Got stabbed twice in there. Grandmother finally laid down the law. He either sold it, stopped working it, or carry a gun. So he bought this. I used to see him when a little kid taking it down from a high shelf to drop in his pocket then kiss her good bye to go to work. From what I have been able to gather it was made pre WWII. Every couple years I will still shoot a mag full through it just for the hell of it.

thumbnail.jpg

Notice the damn things just never seem to wear out? I have shot and handled untold rifles like this from those days. I have sadly seen a few that someone beat to death but don't ever remember seeing one that just wore out. Real quality in those days.

You sure got that right, my friend. They just keep going.

Here are my leverguns. The Winchester 94 dates from (IIRC) the late-1950s, the Savage from the mid-1940s. They still run like a top. :)

leverold.jpg

Talking about Winchester that never give up. I have a c1910 Model 1906 Pump .22 that is so beat up it looks like some one graded gravel with it. NO bluing No finish left on the wood. Vise grip and pipe wrench markes Extra BIG holes drilled in receiver and various other bad dents and scars I even think part of the butt stock was burnt at one time.

It will kick a pop can all over the range at 75 years easy. And it will even do a decent group on a 50 ft target if I do my part. Bore looks a little better then the outside LOL. And it functions perfectly all the time. If it didn't look like bubblegum it would be one of my favorite rifles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top