JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The policy is fairly common in tribal hotels. Hilton and Woodspring also have no-firearm policies. In fact, Woodspring will give you the boot if they catch you with firearms: https://www.woodspring.com/rules-and-policies
" Guests will be immediately ejected from the hotel for the following actions:

• Possessing an unauthorized weapon or firearm including any concealed or open carry weapons regardless of license1
1 Exempted from this policy are law enforcement officers and designated military personnel who are on duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties. Civilians, even those who are licensed and permitted to carry a firearm openly under local, state, or federal law, are not exempt from this policy.

An article with some more info on this topic: https://www.concealedcarry.com/safety/concealed-carry-laws-and-tactics-for-hotels/
Interesting. I'm a longtime Hilton Diamond member and have not once seen a NO WEAPONS sign or policy.

I know a restaurant owner that used to shoot at Browns Camp. His car which had his guns in it was stolen from his driveway. He said when he got home he didn't immediately unload the guns. A short time later he came to get them and the car was gone.

The police found the car in the neighborhood but the guns were gone. He believed he was followed home. I try not to take a direct path home after shooting. Plus in my neighborhood it would be weird to see the same car twist and turn with me.

I've never traveled with rifles overnight but maybe would consider breaking AR15s down to smaller boxes or separating uppers and lowers. I also put them on my home insurance but it probably won't cover it all.

Great Wolf Lodge (GWL) is a yuuuuuuge water park that is very popular with kids. It's like a water-logged Disneyworld. :rolleyes:
I literally slogged my way through it, for the kids, cuz I made a promise before I ever had kids that I would NEVER do Disneyworld.

So, given the age I estimate you are (based upon an earlier comment of yours in a different thread - "decades and decades and decades ago"), you'd likely never have reason nor occasion to patronize GWL. I don't anymore, either, but my sentiments about GFZ signs at businesses I must use from time to time cause me not to care in the slightest about their feelz and will continue to CCW in them when I must use them. Of course, if an alternative, 2A-friendly, competitor arises, I will most certainly change my purchasing preferences...
I've driven by the place -- it's visible from I-5, right? Is it tribal-owned do you know? Just curious.

I also put them on my home insurance but it probably won't cover it all.
Not likely to cover your firearms for their total value, unless you have insurance under a dedicated firearms insurer.

I have not yet signed up with them, but you might want to read this thread and pay particular attention to CollectInsure.

Last Edited:
I've driven by the place -- it's visible from I-5, right? Is it tribal-owned do you know? Just curious.
Yes, visible from I-5. Unknown to me if it is tribal-owned, but the name might suggest so.

ETA: Quick internet search reveals GWL/Chehalis, WA is owned by the Chehalis tribe.

When my two sons moved across the country, their household stuff went with movers and all firearms (other than carry weapons) and valuables got buried in their two cars and inside the canopied truck which son and his wife and other son drove. When they stopped, they only stopped at places where they could see their rigs, and took turns watching the rigs, continuously. Guess oldest son's decade in the USMC taught him a thing or two. OPSEC always...

The policy is fairly common in tribal hotels. Hilton and Woodspring also have no-firearm policies. In fact, Woodspring will give you the boot if they catch you with firearms: https://www.woodspring.com/rules-and-policies
" Guests will be immediately ejected from the hotel for the following actions:

• Possessing an unauthorized weapon or firearm including any concealed or open carry weapons regardless of license1
1 Exempted from this policy are law enforcement officers and designated military personnel who are on duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties. Civilians, even those who are licensed and permitted to carry a firearm openly under local, state, or federal law, are not exempt from this policy.

An article with some more info on this topic: https://www.concealedcarry.com/safety/concealed-carry-laws-and-tactics-for-hotels/
Not telling anyone what to do or not do, but concealed is exactly that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top