JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the article:

She shot several times at the suspect through the wall of the home. Police say the man was shot one time and died at the scene.

Id say it doesn't look too good for her.
I didn't think so, even in Texas. Even though he was inside the gated curtilage, the only was I see things going her way is if the dead guy was a convicted rapist.

While I feel bad, that just seems like a pretty dumb way to store that much money in assets in one place.

While I feel bad, that just seems like a pretty dumb way to store that much money in assets in one place.
I agree, but being military myself....For 25 years I have moved an average of every 3 years. When physically moving, we quite often packed up the car with all of our valuables (because we didn't trust the moving company with them) so that they were under our watchful eyes. I understand all too well how much of a pain in the bubblegum it is to move all that stuff in and out of the hotel, but like others have noted, and especially with today's lack of law enforcement, every time that car is not in your direct line of site (and you are staring at it), you are taking a chance of losing what's inside to someone that doesn't give a chit about how sentimental or special those valuables are to you.

It phukn pisses me off that we are at that point, but here we are.

On another note, I feel for the gal that shot the peeper. If that is what was actually going on (peeping) then I have zero issues with him getting what he deserves, but unfortunately, she may pay for it.

I literally -- just yesteday -- spent 15 minutes moving eight of my pistols and rifles and six ammo cans from my SUV to my hotel room. Then this morning, 15 minutes moving them back.

Sorry, no sympathy for anyone who leaves their firearms unsecured.
the only problem is when you make more than one trip and people notice what you're moving.

I should've used an emoji. My sarcasm was missed without it. I didn't think there was any chance of that being taken serious.
I caught it instantly. But mebbe that's cuz I'm just an all-around sarcastic bastige anyway (see my autosig)... :D

Last Edited:
Last time I had to move "some guns" and "some ammo", I had a gun bud stay with my vehicle, my wife stayed in the apartment, I discreetly cased and transported them down the elevator to the parking garage, then into the vehicle. One last pee then a non-stop drive to the destination, into the garage and into the safe.

Probably a bit over the top but, I still got "some guns", lol.

the only problem is when you make more than one trip and people notice what you're moving.
Never been a problem I've experienced. Been traveling w firearms --- generally lots of them -- for three decades.
Fair enough, I just try to be a small target.
Absolutely the right play. I do try to be discrete for sure, but I'm also generally confining myself to parts of the country where nobody bats an eye at a middle-aged dude unloading rifle cases. 😁
When I'm travelling with firearms I have a soft case for each long gun, then put each of these inside a large duffel bag that has a locking zipper. More than once I've walked into a hotel lobby with said duffel bag, right past the sticker on the door that says "no firearms allowed on premises", right up to my room and no one gives it a second look. Ammo goes into an old hard-cased rolling suitcase. I also don't have firearms manufacturers stickers on my vehicle - that's just a big target symbol to car prowlers, especially in hotel parking lots.

Just be the gray man as much as possible when travelling with guns, never ever leave them in your car overnight, and you greatly increase the chances of both you and your firearms reaching your final destination without incident.

When I'm travelling with firearms I have a soft case for each long gun, then put each of these inside a large duffel bag that has a locking zipper. More than once I've walked into a hotel lobby with said duffel bag, right past the sticker on the door that says "no firearms allowed on premises", right up to my room and no one gives it a second look. Ammo goes into an old hard-cased rolling suitcase. I also don't have firearms manufacturers stickers on my vehicle - that's just a big target symbol to car prowlers, especially in hotel parking lots.

Just be the gray man as much as possible when travelling with guns, never ever leave them in your car overnight, and you greatly increase the chances of both you and your firearms reaching your final destination without incident.
I can't say I've ever stayed in a hotel w/ a NO FIREARMS sign, nor would I. Where is this occurring?

Last time I had to move "some guns" and "some ammo", I had a gun bud stay with my vehicle, my wife stayed in the apartment, I discreetly cased and transported them down the elevator to the parking garage, then into the vehicle. One last pee then a non-stop drive to the destination, into the garage and into the safe.

Probably a bit over the top but, I still got "some guns", lol.
Not OTT at all. Pure Gray Man, IMHO.

I also don't have firearms manufacturers stickers on my vehicle - that's just a big target symbol to car prowlers, especially in hotel parking lots.

Those 3 things right there...

I can't say I've ever stayed in a hotel w/ a NO FIREARMS sign, nor would I. Where is this occurring?
Great Wolf Lodge in Centralia, WA. Ran into that years ago when we took the kids there for a weekend.
Sign didn't mean schit to me then. Still wouldn't if I saw it elsewhere.

I routinely CC into businesses that plaster their windows with anti-2A warnings.
Granted, I shop and stay in places of lodging that are more 2A-friendly as much as I humanly can, but that isn't always an option in my travels.

Great Wolf Lodge in Centralia, WA. Ran into that years ago when we took the kids there for a weekend.
Sign didn't mean schit to me then. Still wouldn't if I saw it elsewhere.
Interesting. Never been. I mean I've seen the signs on bars and restaurants, of course. And I do respect property rights so I'm more inclined to simply abstain. If they don't trust me with a firearm in their establishment, they lose the privilege of my patronage.

The policy is fairly common in tribal hotels. Hilton and Woodspring also have no-firearm policies. In fact, Woodspring will give you the boot if they catch you with firearms: https://www.woodspring.com/rules-and-policies
" Guests will be immediately ejected from the hotel for the following actions:

• Possessing an unauthorized weapon or firearm including any concealed or open carry weapons regardless of license1
1 Exempted from this policy are law enforcement officers and designated military personnel who are on duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties. Civilians, even those who are licensed and permitted to carry a firearm openly under local, state, or federal law, are not exempt from this policy.

An article with some more info on this topic: https://www.concealedcarry.com/safety/concealed-carry-laws-and-tactics-for-hotels/

Interesting. Never been. I mean I've seen the signs on bars and restaurants, of course. And I do respect property rights so I'm more inclined to simply abstain. If they don't trust me with a firearm in their establishment, they lose the privilege of my patronage.
Great Wolf Lodge (GWL) is a yuuuuuuge water park that is very popular with kids. It's like a water-logged Disneyworld. :rolleyes:
I literally slogged my way through it, for the kids, cuz I made a promise before I ever had kids that I would NEVER do Disneyworld.

So, given the age I estimate you are (based upon an earlier comment of yours in a different thread - "decades and decades and decades ago"), you'd likely never have reason nor occasion to patronize GWL. I don't anymore, either, but my sentiments about GFZ signs at businesses I must use from time to time cause me not to care in the slightest about their feelz and I will continue to CCW in those businesses when I must use them. Of course, if an alternative, 2A-friendly, competitor arises, I will most certainly change my purchasing preferences...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top