JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Our power is out for the third time in the last few months. Cause unkown. Hopefully the frozen food holds up in our freezers. City hall is running off generator power, not sure if Safeway was cut off too. Might be a sale on frozen food if they lost power too.

I think kim jong un might have taken out our neighborhood grid. Kim if you are listening, I am sorry for all the fat jokes and the things I said I wanted to do with your sister. Please let us have our power back.

I think kim jong un might have taken out our neighborhood grid. Kim if you are listening, I am sorry for all the fat jokes and the things I said I wanted to do with your sister. Please let us have our power back.
Power is back on. Thanks Kim you fat sob, btw do you want to buy some pics of your sister.

If you have a home? A genset is a VERY nice thing to have. The fairly cheap one we have is used very seldom used but, I have come to like "comfort". Wife likes to have a freezer full, and I mean FULL of "stuff". So if power goes out that is one of the first things I run a cord too. We use one that uses LP gas so its as easy as it gets. No dealing with gasoline. You turn the bottle on, fire up the gen, run some cords, relax and watch TV:)

They might allow plug in electric generators:)
As battery tech keeps getting better they surely will one day have one that will do the same thing I have to guess. Of course what will matter is price. The tech has to get to the point everyone can afford one too. That may be a good while off of course. In the mean time its getting hard to feel sorry any more for those who live in CA. They keep voting in morons and no matter how bad it gets they vote the same morons back to screw them more. :s0054:

Indeed it is. A properly maintained (and fed) whole house generator coupled with a wood stove has made the regular winter outages a piece of cake here. Obviously, it take some time and money, but once in place, it is most beneficial. :s0155:
Where I live now we are on a part of the grid that is top priority so seldom are left out. I still keep one because I no longer think its fun to "rough it". I still know how, and if all fell apart I can do it. I just do not want to any more. One thing that really ticks me off is not long after the power dies the internet will die. They must have some kind of back up power that does not last. It was the one advantage to satellite TV back when I had it. One Sunday long ago power went out in a big way here. Some big game was coming on. I had lights and could watch the game. :D
Now days though I just like "comfort". :D :D
Now I guess for those who live where they just can't have a Genset? They are kind of out of luck but, anyone with a house can have a fairly cheap LP one that takes VERY little work. All I do with mine is change the oil couple times a year and its good to go if I need it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top