JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Twice I've lost 100lbs. Twice I found it again. Time for round three and I hope this is the KO round.

I don't actually know what I weigh right now. My best guess is ~365 +/-5lbs. Fully dressed the freight scale at work puts me at 367.

My goal is 3lbs a week between now and June 1st. That's ~39 weeks, 117lbs lost and 250lbs (not my finished goal but a darn good first step).

My first short term goal will to be able to track my weight on my bathroom scale by the end of Sept.

My daily goals are:
45min of cardio (home gym should make it doable)
96oz of water a day
No fast food (this is really hard for me; guess where I found the weight)
Eat nothing that gets more that 25% of its calories from fat
4-5 400 calorie meals consiting of a complex carb and a lean protein

My weekly goals are:
3lbs of fat lost per week
3x weight lifting sessions in addition to daily cardio (again home gym should be doable)
No more than 2 'cheat' meals in a week & stop when full

My first short term reward for being on track will be another Appleseed shoot in Dec. I haven't worked out my reward for hitting 250 but it may be a good time for a new 1911.

I post this to help keep me accountable and to offer if anyone needs this kind of support to be an online workout partner.

Best of luck, I know exactly where your coming from. Last October I managed to injure myself and was near sedentary from October til January. I managed to pack on nearly all the weight it took me to lose when I was a serious gym rat. Now I'm back in the gym but it's slow going. I'll be rooting for you for sure!

In addition... Do NOT eat anything after 9PM, your metabolism slows WAY down in the evening... and copious consumption of water, like AT LEAST a gallon throughout the day (your body will get used to it). Putting lemon wedges (rind and all) in the water also makes it refreshing and gives you some vitamin C for your trouble.

Hope that helps!

I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on T.V., but I heartily applaud your efforts. Here's my $.02, take it for what you think it's worth...

Kudos on cutting the fast food, don't eat it at all.

Cut as many simple carbs as you can and replace them with complex carbs, includes all forms of processed sugar and anything that isn't whole wheat or whole grain.

It's not so much the amount of fat you eat, but the type of fat that counts. NO hydrogenated, partially hydrogenated or trans fat. Butter, in moderate amounts, is far better than any type of margarine.

The cholesterol you eat isn't your real enemy (eggs, etc.), it's the cholesterol that your body makes as a result of too many simple carbs and molested fats that are the problem.

No more than 1 'cheat' meal per week.

Eat what you (or your spouse/partner) cook, you know what is in it then.

Real ALL ingredient labels before you buy anything. My general rule is no more than 6 ingredients that I can actually pronounce on the label. This will slow down shopping for a short time, but you'll get a much healthier selection of foods. You might be surprised at how many things have corn syrup and unpronouncables in them.

Eat lots of veggies with your protein, fats and complex carbs.

Ease into the exercise routine, if you haven't been doing it regularly already. Set a short term goal (2 weeks, 6 weeks, whatever you are comfortable with) for exercising that is light, then when you meet it, increase intensity or duration for another short term, not both at once. Get an exercise partner if you already know that being solely accountable to yourself for your exercise routine will only set you up for failure.

None of this will work long term if you don't evaluate your mental, emotional, spiritual health too. High stress or an emotional state stuck at an extreme throws all of your body's hormone systems out of whack. Do whatever you can to make your life enjoyable.

Good luck with your 'diet' (lifestyle change).:s0155:

Not sure if this is part of your current routine already but you might want to investigate supplements that can help (such as a good daily multivitamin, dietary fiber, 5-HTP, pyruvate, chromium, etc...). Also, really try to determine the cause of the weight gain (poor food choices, over-eating, stress/depression, hormonal imbalance, food allergies, mal-absorption/dysbiosis, dyslipidemia, etc...) and make sure the focus of your treatment plan includes addressing it.

Good luck, brother! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

i feel your pain brother,i turned 40 and it was like someone flipped a switch,i gained weight and lost energy.and now i too am working on that.i just quit smoking 6 days ago so its a battle to not gain weight but the energy i feel now should help to fight the weight gain.
in less than 3 days after quitting smoking i felt 10 years younger and suddenly want to go do things and workout.
good luck on your life change and dont worry what the scales say for a while,it just disapoints you but then after 3 weeks or so
you and everyone else will notice the difference.

dont worry what the scales say for a while, it just dissappoints you but then after 3 weeks or so
you and everyone else will notice the difference.

That's a fact! Focus more on how you physically feel, and focus on how you physically look in the mirror... give at LEAST three weeks of a regular exercise program and modified diet intake before checking the scales.

Good luck bud. Thats quite a goal, but one that can be acheived, as you've seen before. Maybe go get some blood work done at your Dr, and see what your testerone level is, thats a pretty big cause of lost energy and weight gains in "advanced age" men :s0155: I will second the "stay away from the scale for a while" sentiment. Also, as someone said to ease into the exercise. Just cutting back on junk and drinking tons of water will have a muy rapido effect on your weight if thats not something you normally do, then maybe after a week or three, you'll be a bit lighter and working out will be a little easier. Just my 2 cents. Blood work is a good idea though! Can check for thyroid imbalances. There are many medical reasons why you could gain that much weight, shed it, gain it back, shed it, gain it back. (someone already mentioned this, but I'm just seconding it)

I applaud your effort! :s0155:

Don't allow the "cheat" meals. Instead make something you really like a reward. I was following a strict diet but on fridays i could if i wanted to have a small size burger and fries. i usually ate that right before visiting a lady friend.

If you want a work out partner on-line. I can start in about a 1 1/2 half week.

Don't allow the "cheat" meals. Instead make something you really like a reward. I was following a strict diet but on fridays i could if i wanted to have a small size burger and fries. i usually ate that right before visiting a lady friend.

If you want a work out partner on-line. I can start in about a 1 1/2 half week.

I go back and forth on the cheat meals. I had a very regimented meal structure at one point and it worked great for a while; but my body adapted and I hit a plateau. I knew to break through it I was going to either have to start carb cycling and/or double up my cardio. It was more than I was willing to do at the time. Cheat meals are a bit like 'carb cycling lite' :D

Well this first week has been a mixed bag. Diet has been clean. I haven't had any fast food but didn't get much (okay; any) exercise in. My workout partners bailed on Monday due to Labor Day and then I got sick and just haven't had any energy after work.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top