JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like there is a needed service out there. I'll start with a couple gun shops.

best,

Dan

But..... with current laws, if they are NOT in your possession they can be considered in someone else's possession. If they go into someone else's possession wouldn't they need to be "transferred" via 4473? THEN when you go to get them, you'd need to fill out the form again and pay $$$ again?

But..... with current laws, if they are NOT in your possession they can be considered in someone else's possession. If they go into someone else's possession wouldn't they need to be "transferred" via 4473? THEN when you go to get them, you'd need to fill out the form again and pay $$$ again?
Good point.

An certain classes of FFL holders can take possession of gun for certain reasons (consignment, repair, cleaning, temporary storage) and return them to the same person without a BGC.

I tentatively second the recommendation to get in contact with J&B in Beaverton. Haven't been there very often, but they seem to be stand up guys.

Good luck! I hope things stay peaceful for you.

My ex took a picture of every gun I owned before filing. Guess what? Jewelry is always a "gift". But guns are community property. Lol.

Wake up men.

I agree with @AMT that the Oregon laws passed made it illegal to have someone/someplace hold your weapons. You can't loan a friend a shotgun without doing a form 4473, so how could you have some other person/company hold them for you in storage? Sounds like a very touchy area to walk into.

It may have been mentioned and I just missed it, but in Oregon you will have to do a transfer for each gun to be in compliance with the law. Unless you give them to a relative.

If you remember back a couple of years ago a Priest who bought all the raffle tickets for an AR giveaway to keep it off the streets (like it was going to end up on the streets, I've never seen a homeless AR yet) and then gave it to an "artist" to make something beautiful out of it. It kind of backfired on him as he never transferred it to him legally.

I thought the best way to make an AR into art was by buying Magpul accessories, flashlights and other such stuff. But then who am I?

It may have been mentioned and I just missed it, but in Oregon you will have to do a transfer for each gun to be in compliance with the law. Unless you give them to a relative.

If you remember back a couple of years ago a Priest who bought all the raffle tickets for an AR giveaway to keep it off the streets (like it was going to end up on the streets, I've never seen a homeless AR yet) and then gave it to an "artist" to make something beautiful out of it. It kind of backfired on him as he never transferred it to him legally.

I thought the best way to make an AR into art was by buying Magpul accessories, flashlights and other such stuff. But then who am I?

The kids and I carved pumpkins last week with the AR...thats AR-art right?

If you are renting a storage place and have the only access to it, lock or safe, then they are still in your possession. It should not be considered a transfer even if the storage facility provides a safe or vault and you are the only one to have the combination.

If you rent a house and store your guns in a safe, you are not transferring the guns to the landlord.

You're not even allowed to have a gun in your possession that is not yours even if your working on or repairing it. Example, if I was going to refinish a stock for someone, they couldn't leave the action with me. So, leaving a rifle with someone, technically is against Oregon law. As screwed up as that law is.

Pete, I reread your post and I see your point. However, in his situation I think he is trying to get them out of his possession. If he had them in a storage unit, technically and legally they would still be in his possession and may be considered joint property.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top