JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 11 SIGs - each DA/SA (10 P series, one 2022/2340)

I have two railed 229-1s, one in .40 the other in 9mm. I also have a .40 conversion kit and a .22 conversion kit for these.

I am thinking of selling these because I have two 226s and a Mk25 (with .40 & .22 kits), three 227s and a 224 (in .40).

I like the 226s and Mk25 of best of all of these, then the 227, then the 229s.

I feel the 229s are just not that much different than the 226s and with my 228 (not railed) I have to be concerned about whether I am trying to use a 229-1 mag or not, whereas the 226 mags fit fine in the 228 IIRC.

The reason I have three of most of these models is that I am a prepper and I generally have three of everything (one for me, one each for my two adult kids). But I feel the 229s are duplicative of the 226s, and I could use those funds to get things like suppressors and action work on my other pistols.

Am I over my SIGness? Is this a sign that I am a recovering SIGaholic? Is this one of the twelve steps?

Seriously, is there a practical reason I should keep the 229s that I have not thought of?

I've wanted a 229r in 9mm to go along with the mk25 and the m11a1. I keep talking myself out of it for the following reasons. I look and realize that the 229 and the mk25 226 just aren't much different in size and I shoot the 226 better then a 229. For carry the m11a1 229 is fine I don't carry with a mounted light so no need for a rail. I used to despise sigs but now my mk25 is probably my favorite pistol.
. I can't offer much help on a practical reason your missing lol.
Over you signess I seriously doubt it. If you got rid of the 229s id bet they would be replaced by 226s from the sounds of it.

I've also found myself with duplicative handguns, thinking I could arm the Mrs and the kids in a SHTF situation. But I've come to realize they'd be better off with AR pistols then with handguns. Simply because they shoot the AR pistol better than the handgun.

Ensure your stash includes what is most practical, what's most usable and there's spare parts should something become broken or simply worn out. As for suppressors, those are certainly worthy of being included in the SHTF stash.

Having said all that, I've liquidated several duplicates that I've had and am always evolving what's owned as my perception of what's needed evolves.

Magazines and factory ammo continue to be priorities. As are mag rebuild kits and reloading supplies.

Can never be too prepared…

I've also found myself with duplicative handguns, thinking I could arm the Mrs and the kids in a SHTF situation. But I've come to realize they'd be better off with AR pistols then with handguns. Simply because they shoot the AR pistol better than the handgun.
The kids and I each have a Five Seven with WML/laser and a PS90 - we also have heavier caliber defensive handguns and rifles that mostly match in caliber/mag/model. So we have more than enough should SHTF and even enough for a few friends/family.

But I have other things I want to get, like suppressors, optics, etc., that are expensive. With my limited income there is not room in my budget to get those items without digging into the IRAs (which I do not want to do - I want the IRAs to grow in size yet more).

So I am kind of back to where I used to be - if I want something expensive that I feel I need, I have to give up expensive things that I don't really need.

Dug them both out. Both two tone .40 with standard sights (front dot, rear single vertical bar), both have an extra .357 barrel (one SIG, the other EFK). One is in a red box and the other black box - with SIG labels.

I know I have a bunch of mags for them - somewhere (I did some spring cleaning last year and put most pistol mags in one container and now I can't find the container). I know I have at least five 17 rd mags (9mm), several 14rd, some 12 rd and at least one 10 rd each for them. Probably sell the 9mm mags separately.

Once I figure out how many mags go with each then I can determine a price.

If they don't fit your long term plans but can be moved on to accommodate something that does I say go for it. That's why I have moved on from various items in the past.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top