JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking of getting the shield or the glock 26 or 27. but they are the same size as my xd. i am looking for something even smaller for those days I have less on and its more noticeable...
what do you all think is the better gun? shield or the s & w m & p compact 9 or 40... or looking into a kel tec or something in between. even a diamond back? a 9 or 40 but small. maybe the single stack glock 36? but its ABOUT SAME SIZE AS XDS?... WOW SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM. HELP?

looked at lcp and keltec. the shield may be a little more than both and its striker fire.... I have not looked into sigs. I do not like double action as much but it works with the revolver and px4 and sig i have and lel tec

If you're worried about people noticing your firearm, don't. They don't pay attention, I was worried about that too at first, but I've realized that no one is looking for that. I carry with shorts and a t-shirt, some of the shirts make my gun print like crazy, used to worry about it, not anymore.

If you're worried about people noticing your firearm, don't. They don't pay attention, I was worried about that too at first, but I've realized that no one is looking for that. I carry with shorts and a t-shirt, some of the shirts make my gun print like crazy, used to worry about it, not anymore.

+1 I carry in shorts and a tank top and no one has noticed.

so what do you guys carry?... that makes sense. just not sure how much trouble we can get in if it prints and someone says something?. I have been carrying with shorts on and a shirt over it but usually its a opened up button up short sleeve so it will not show.
that makes sense that no one is looking for it. so maybe i try my sig p229 and see how that feels with regular clothes on f0r summer. i think i just wanted something a little less noticeably for the hot days. i do have a small xd9sc and a kel tec p380. but that is what my wife has all the time.
the xd9sc is a great gun. i love it and a straight shooter as well. tight groups and it holds 13 plus 1.
so what do you carry and in what position and what holster. i do have itw for all my guns. but out of as well

so what do you guys carry?... that makes sense. just not sure how much trouble we can get in if it prints and someone says something?. I have been carrying with shorts on and a shirt over it but usually its a opened up button up short sleeve so it will not show.
that makes sense that no one is looking for it. so maybe i try my sig p229 and see how that feels with regular clothes on f0r summer. i think i just wanted something a little less noticeably for the hot days. i do have a small xd9sc and a kel tec p380. but that is what my wife has all the time.
the xd9sc is a great gun. i love it and a straight shooter as well. tight groups and it holds 13 plus 1.
so what do you carry and in what position and what holster. i do have itw for all my guns. but out of as well

Sounds like you really like the xd9sc, and it just so happens I am selling one in FDE with the 13 and 16 round mags. Also has talon grips and a galco IWB. The flush 13 round mag is easy to conceal in that holster with no more then a tshirt on. With the 16 rounder I recommend some kid of jacket or sweatshirt though.

I carry a USP compact .40, almost exactly the same size as a P229, 3 O' clock IWB. As long as open carry is legal where you are there's no harm in anyone seeing it. I think if you have a CHL you can open carry pretty much anywhere. But seriously, the only people who might be looking are the people who are also carrying.

well matt I have one that i have on now. and jordanka. i will look in to that,my attorney will know he is our second amendment guy for our state. speaks at events and is a friend. I see the thinking behind it. if its open carry it shouldn't matter if it prints. then i should be able to carry full size and it be ok. I do see off duty guards downtown seattle. they are jailers and have full size bulging out of the side with a thin jacket holding it in. perfect print for a full size glock.

just do not want to be hassled.
only thing to worry about would be if in a store that is against guns of any kind and yuo are in it and someone says something.? and the whole idea of conceal is to not let anyone know you have a gun in the first place so you gain the element of surprise .

ok,ok, keeping my sig p229, so i was at the zoo and in Seattle and lynwood out in public all day with a tea shirt and no one noticed at the 3 o'clock position. so now I may just get a smaller pistol for the wife to have and maybe I can use in some situations i need to have backup..

i will see how the glock 22 does with just a shirt on an itw crossbread.

ok, i did an impulse buy after church. a kel tec pf9 with new wide trigger, good tack grips with a hoag grip and pocket holster. for 280$ its less than 1 year & 200 rounds. so im happy, now my wife wants it. had great luck with p3at

My favorite go to gun is my old S&W model 60 with a ocket clip. The natural curve of the gun and the pocket clip looks like I've got a knife in my front pocket. Not to say that I don't ever carry my P229, but the 60 gets the most use. Packed with Hornady Critical Defense +p's, I haven't been able to find better, and I owned an LCP. I can say that I have full faith that my 60 will never jam or stove pipe.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews