JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just hoping I could get a little feedback from my friends here on NWFA. I have a nice used Glock 22 that I'm thinking of selling, but not sure what the value range would be right now. I'll describe the pistol, and any price suggestions would be helpful.

Glock 22 .40 S&W
Very light and minor wear, but low round count
Chamber is near spotless, hardly looks used
1 factory high cap mag
Houge grip
Tru Dot Night Sights
Original reciept and box, no papers
Keydex paddle holster

What am I looking at here guys? Like I said, still havent decided if Im gonna sell, but just trying to pin down a value. Thanks guys!

Oh just keep it already, that SW40 ammo will come along soon enough. and the projectile is a fine one indeed. Look at your description. Shoot the heck out of it through the next 5 years and then make a decision. Some people I think should really hang on to more of thier firearms and try bonding with them for more than 2 days.....

Oh just keep it already, that SW40 ammo will come along soon enough. and the projectile is a fine one indeed. Look at your description. Shoot the heck out of it through the next 5 years and then make a decision. Some people I think should really hang on to more of thier firearms and try bonding with them for more than 2 days.....

I actually have had this pistol since about 2004, I bought it as a duty pistol while working for a Sheriffs Office in Eastern Oregon. Ive shot it a bit during that time, and I like it just fine, but if I sell it the cash would hopefully go toward a nice Kimber.

BTW its a Gen 2.

Kimber, why didnt you say so. if you sell that for a kimber I second that motion.
I think they one of the best made production guns available. Get the desert warrior...ambi safety, no swartz stuff inside...match grade thru and thru. okay Im partial to Kimbers enough said.

I was a Kimber owner a few years ago, but had a cash situation that resulted in my selling it. Still makes me sad to think about it. It was a Kimber BP TEN 2, and it was one of the finest shooting hansgun Ive owned so far.

Thanks for the price range skud dusty, thats right in where I was thinking also, but wasnt sure. The night sights are still pretty bright, but probably not as bright as brand new. The wear on the gun is very slight, it's a beautiful specimen. Thanks for the info guys!

Last Edited:
I would probably ask $450. I did some market research two weeks ago on this subject - I was selling a Very Good+ Gen. 2 Glock 23, in the original box, w/papers, one 10-rounder and three high-cap mags. I searched Gunbroker, board ads, etc. and decided on $500. It was sold about 12 hours after the ad went live. But I am near Seattle with lots of buyers, so it went quick I think because of the buyers, not because I was too low.

I would say your is very similar, just missing the mags. My attitude about selling things is to ask a firm but fair price and let the educated buyer take it, rather than asking high and wheedling down.

Here's my :s0159:

First off, a good fair price for a 2nd Gen Glock 22 in nice condition is $450. You could probably sell it for more, but that's a fair price.

That being said...

I've got a 2nd gen Glock 23 that I bought new and have owned since 1995. It is one of those few firearms that will never leave my possetion unless I die or Obama gets his sneeky little fingers in my safe. It is my primary carry piece and I would not trade it for a kimber, even on it's worst day (which I have yet to see). It has over 15,000 rds through it, and it still runs like a champ. The only thing I've ever done to it was replaced the guide rod assembly when my friend took a chunk out of it seeing if it would fit in his 27.

I said all that to say this: Kimbers are nice, I have owned a few. There are a lot of other nice firearms out there as well, but personally, the Glock is a staple. A lot of others come and go, but my 23 has it's own personal parking space right on the top shelf of the safe. I just realized... it sounds like I'm in love with a gun:s0131:

Hey thanks for throwing in here man! Yeah, Ive been really fighting with myself about whether or not to keep it. Ive heard similar good stories from other people before about the glocks, and I think youve just helped me make my decision. Ill keep it. Thanks for the help guys!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top