JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. Ever shoot a CO2 gun in the winter? Puff... :s0140: Don't know what environment you would foresee using this thing in however where I live in the winter I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it outdoors.

Really? My Gammo's work here in the winter???? Are you talking leaving one charged for a while? I have had several over the years and none of them would keep a charge for days after opening the cartridge but I have never had one that did not work in the winter here. Our winters we call it "bad" if it gets into the 20's since thats about our worst. Is this happening in places where it gets into sub zero weather??

Didn't have time to read the whole thread.

Did the OP keep his Bug Assault or not?:cool:
Hey I have a couple of those things and LOVE them. When those first hit I was skeptical until I saw one. Now the damn things are great in the summer here. seems every time you open a door a few dam fly's make it in. Those things I can zap them without knocking stuff over or trying to wait till the bugs land on some flat spot. Wife is one of those people who is over the top scared of spiders. Most of the ones we have hear are the size of a dime but to wife they are DEATH looking for her :s0140:
She will use one of those salt guns to blast them as she can stay so far away from them. Whoever came up with those it was a great little idea.

Really? My Gammo's work here in the winter???? Are you talking leaving one charged for a while? I have had several over the years and none of them would keep a charge for days after opening the cartridge but I have never had one that did not work in the winter here. Our winters we call it "bad" if it gets into the 20's since thats about our worst. Is this happening in places where it gets into sub zero weather??
I have an AirForce Condor PCP rifle with an adapter to use paint ball co2 tanks. I have experienced very low velocities on co2 in the winter here. Bring it indoors for a few hours and it's back to normal.

A couple of quotes relating to CO2.

"Doubling absolute temperature increases pressure by a factor of ten times. This tells us that at about 40 degrees Fahrenheit, CO2 has a vapor pressure of 600 psi. At 72 degrees F, it's up to about 860. At about 80 degrees F, the CO2 vapor pressure rises to about 970 psi."

"In the winter I hang my CO2 carts on a piece of wire from the bottom of my paper target holder. Way better than spoons.
When it gets warm out again I shoot with them not at them."

Below about 60 f I stick to the high pressure air tank.

CO2 is a "no go" in the cold

:eek:

I have an AirForce Condor PCP rifle with an adapter to use paint ball co2 tanks. I have experienced very low velocities on co2 in the winter here. Bring it indoors for a few hours and it's back to normal.

A couple of quotes relating to CO2.

"Doubling absolute temperature increases pressure by a factor of ten times. This tells us that at about 40 degrees Fahrenheit, CO2 has a vapor pressure of 600 psi. At 72 degrees F, it's up to about 860. At about 80 degrees F, the CO2 vapor pressure rises to about 970 psi."

"In the winter I hang my CO2 carts on a piece of wire from the bottom of my paper target holder. Way better than spoons.
When it gets warm out again I shoot with them not at them."

Below about 60 f I stick to the high pressure air tank.

CO2 is a "no go" in the cold

:eek:
<shrug> I guess mine must somehow just work. Not sure why, but the ones I have now and the ones I had as a kid just work. Must be one of those things. When I was a kid the cans were not pure aluminum like they are now. Spent a lot of time in the yard punching holes in the empty cans with BB's. They would not go through those old cans which was even better as I could use the BB's again. Back when pennies counted that was great. No idea why mine work in the winter here.
The kid I ordered a Byrna for will not be likely to carry it so should not matter for her. Will give it to her to keep at home since she flat refuses to own a gun and I long ago gave up getting her to change her mind. Last time I was there I gave her one of my Asp's I had with me and she was ok with that. Figure with this thing I will tell her aim for the scums eyes. If she blinds him great.

save it and use it after the November elections when the mob is in your neighborhood. lob them from afar (or above)...like 'they' do to LEOs with piss/crap filled balloons responding to CHAZ etc

Many years ago a friend and I were having Chinese food at a local restaurant (we were in high school) when he took a finger full of that hot Chinese mustard and shoved it up my nose! I've never felt anything like that!
You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose!

If youve never been hit with strong pepper spray you'll think it is ineffective. Its not.
The stuff is nasty when you get caught in the stuff that is all around after it's used. I have seen and used it several times on 2 legged and it's very hit and miss. Have seen huge guys fall to the ground and give up but others act like all you did was piss them off good. Still have a scar on one arm where the guy lowered his head and charged me. He could not see but damned if he did not bite me. On dogs I have yet to see it fail. Seems so far to work great for taking the fight out of them. Certainly better than nothing and I always keep some when walking our dogs so dissuade large dogs who look at mine as a meal :D

Many years ago a friend and I were having Chinese food at a local restaurant (we were in high school) when he took a finger full of that hot Chinese mustard and shoved it up my nose! I've never felt anything like that!
My Father used to love telling the tale of my Mom and his first date. They brought out that tray of slices of pork for the table with that mustard and some other kind of sauce, and seeds to dip it in. My Mom picked up a piece of the meat and dipped it in that hot stuff and before my Dad could stop her popped it in her mouth. Every time he would tell the story my Moms face would get about as red as is must have been that night. Since they were on a double date so this was in front of 3 other people. :s0140:

I exchanged some shoes once, because they didn't fit. Exchanged for a different size.

I don't recall purchasing anything, and returning it, because "I didn't like it". EVER.

Why would I consider such as a thing?

Apparently, it is.

Who knew?
Costco will let you return clothes for any reason at all even after you have worn them. "I changed my mind and don't like it anymore" is a valid reason. They've been doing this for years and are still in business so I suppose they've found a way to make it work.
Remember the great TP shortage? Wife who still shops CostCo said they had a huge sign telling people they could NOT return the cases of TP they were walking out of there with :s0140:
Before this I had never paid much attention to them even though we have a membership. I guess they long has a policy that was so liberal people could return stuff for almost any reason. I guess this was a bridge too far for even them. People buying cases of the stuff then planing on returning it when the panic was over.
Wife also said one of the places she buys outdoor stuff from, REI I think? They were letting people return stuff because they had it wear out after years of use:confused:. That was the damnedest thing I had ever heard. I guess some places take the old the customer is always right way too damn far:cool:
My brother returned a broken socket to Snap-On that was literally shattered. They called the agent and asked how it broke. Made it clear that this was the Engineering Department and just wanted to find out how you make it break in the pattern it had broken. So he told him he had cooled the bolt head they were working on with liquid nitrogen and put a pipe on a breaker bar and cranked on the socket. "I was pretty sure it was going to break." :s0140: They were totally cool with it and just wanted to be sure it wasn't a factory defect. Still honored the return. Great company.

Costco will let you return clothes for any reason at all even after you have worn them. "I changed my mind and don't like it anymore" is a valid reason. They've been doing this for years and are still in business so I suppose they've found a way to make it work.

My brother returned a broken socket to Snap-On that was literally shattered. They called the agent and asked how it broke. Made it clear that this was the Engineering Department and just wanted to find out how you make it break in the pattern it had broken. So he told him he had cooled the bolt head they were working on with liquid nitrogen and put a pipe on a breaker bar and cranked on the socket. "I was pretty sure it was going to break." :s0140: They were totally cool with it and just wanted to be sure it wasn't a factory defect. Still honored the return. Great company.

I had forgotten but remember both them an Sears doing that years past. When working construction used to buy several tools from Sears as they would replace them no matter how you broke it. The first thing I remember them finally doing away with this was the 25ft tape. We used to beat hell out of them and when one no longer worked just swap it at Sears. Beat on a screwdriver handle and break it they gave us a new one. Can't remember when it was Sears finally did away with that but it was probably the beginning of the end for them.
My Dad was a Mechanic all his life and almost all his stuff was Snap-On for just that reason. Stuff used daily was still replaced free when worn out. When he moved out of the country I gave his tools away to a buddy. When were were loading them up I wondered how many of them were at least as old as I was at the time :cool:

I remember back in my poor old days breaking a Craftsman "breaker bar" taking the axle nut off a VW. Big rusted on things 34 mm or something like that. Took it back to Sears and they gave me another. Broke it . Broke the next one and the next one and the next one. Finally the clerk told me that they werent going to exchange it and pointed out in the warranty where it said satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. The gave me $34 cash and pointed me to the door. I walked over and picked up a breaker bar off the shelf and paid $34 cash for it. That one didnt break. I still have it 28 years later.

The mechanics who work for me go out to the Snap On truck when the snap on guy pulls up. I try to discourage them . They dont make enough to afford $8000 tool boxes from that vulture. Snap On is a finance company not a tool company.

I had forgotten but remember both them an Sears doing that years past. When working construction used to buy several tools from Sears as they would replace them no matter how you broke it. The first thing I remember them finally doing away with this was the 25ft tape. We used to beat hell out of them and when one no longer worked just swap it at Sears. Beat on a screwdriver handle and break it they gave us a new one. Can't remember when it was Sears finally did away with that but it was probably the beginning of the end for them.
My Dad was a Mechanic all his life and almost all his stuff was Snap-On for just that reason. Stuff used daily was still replaced free when worn out. When he moved out of the country I gave his tools away to a buddy. When were were loading them up I wondered how many of them were at least as old as I was at the time :cool:
I find Snap-On tools to be more ergonomic that most also. I even had a set of needle nose pliers and small diagonal cutters that I used daily on electronics for years. They were way better to work with than any other I have used.

I buy their Blue Point line. Very nice tools actually. Not from Snap On though although Snap On does sell the same tools out of their truck. I buy them directly from China where they are made for Snap On for 20 cents on the dollar delivered..

I have literally thousands of pounds of tools. I own one snap on 7/16" torque wrench extension for torqueing Scat Big Block Chevy ARP connecting rod bolts. That is the extent of my Snap On collection.

Last Edited:
This thread is old, but you seem to be very defensive about it based on your responses. I'm sure you've kept it. I was actually looking into buying one, but my concern is if I pulled this out and I was facing a real gun I would have to be a quick draw McGraw to stop the person before they could get a shot off. And even if I did that doesn't mean someone else couldn't shoot me. Plus the price is ridiculous. For that price I can get a decent handgun or revolver. I don't want to shoot anyone, or even be in that position. But I also think it's not about me, what if I was defending someone else? At the end of the day no one really knows how well this will hold up. I have yet to see anyone claim that it saved their life against a threat. But I have seen other owners claim that the trigger sometimes get stuck, and byrnas customer service is very bad. That's the risk you run using plastics or carbon instead more metallics. Let me know how it's been working for you so far. I would honestly rather have a taser or pepper spray.

My opinion of something like this 'on the surface' is it is a farce, a 'paranoid purchase', or a lot like most fishing lures - designed to catch more fishermen than fish.

I have a little experience with pepper spray, being shot with it once during training, and believe it would be MUCH more effective in a simpler system such as in a spray can such as bear spray etc. But it appears to me if one had to actually deploy this thing, with it's potential drawbacks, unreliability and other issues I suspect it's effectiveness would be in the very low percentages like maybe 5% or less.

I just don't really see CO2 powered paintballs wrapped around the design of a small handgun being reliable or effective in a potentially impulsive, self - defense scenario.

She will use one of those salt guns to blast them as she can stay so far away from them. Whoever came up with those it was a great little idea.
My wife just complains about finding salt, "all over the place". As a matter of fact, I have 2 of the darned things. Both were gifts, one still in the box and one is a, "Bed Guard".
Bed Guard.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top