JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which size barrel?

• 3"

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • 4"

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • 5"

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 6"

Votes: 16 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a 4" GP100. The thing is amazingly accurate. I've never fired a 6" GP100. It may be better, but overall, I think the 4" is the best all-around .357 DA. A little too heavy for CCW though, so I use my SR9c for that. The GP100 is the nightstand gun though.

I bought a GP100 just a few weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. I went with the 357 mag. in the 5" SS, mainly because it was the only choice. Revolvers are scarce around here. I was shopping for a Targus because I am poor, but the dealer strongly stressed the Ruger. I am so glad I listened. The barrel is a perfect length for me. It is big, and so accurate. I definately keep her clean, simply because I feel guilty leaving such a good looking pistol dirty. This one is a keeper. You will not be disappointed.

A friend of mine and I were 'waffling' over a used (but looked new) 6" GP 100 last year and I hesitated and he went for it. At least I was able to shoot it and now I am looking for one in 6". On the fence over SS or blue but it may come down to whatever I find first.