JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an intact Sterling Mk4 SMG receiver with a faux-bolt (that I made from pipe), spiked-welded barrel, and a de-aced (welded) FA trigger group. I can completely break it down and remove all the components, and I just found out there are complete parts kits available online that include a New US made repro barrel (SMG length, not the goofy looking 16" with fugly front barrel-nut/trunion found on current CAI specimens.

My question is, does anyone KNOW if the SMG repro-barrel (originally for an open-bolt system) will work with the SA closed-bolt and SA trigger group that can be purchased these days? I'gm hoping so, because I'll have a Form-1 and $200 in the mail yesterday for my 2nd SBR if this works!

Thanks for any accurate input! :s0155:

A buddy builds guns for a movie gun company - full functional post samples and conversions to semi, etc. I'll give him a call this week and see if he's done any of the Sterling mk 4 guns. I would guess that there wouldn't be any change to the barrel though.

That'd be great, I'd appreciate it! I'm thinking I can drop in a functioning SMG barrel, SA bolt and trigger pack and be in business, but don't want to drop a few hundred bucks into it only to wind up with the paper weight that it is now... of course I wouldn't be able to try it out first hand until I had a SBR tax stamp in hand.

Here are some photos for you to look at of what I have.

IMAG0508.jpg
IMAG0509.jpg
IMAG0510.jpg

Talked to a friend finally - the short version is he is fairly certain that the barrels are the same between the semi and the SMG barrel - as you are going to SBR it the length is not an issue. He said the last ones he worked on for some movie were semi and he had to pin the firing pin in place and build up the lip on the bottom of the bolt a bit for full auto (dealer post sample) firing from an open bolt.

Hey Swede,

Thanks for your efforts on that, MUCH appreciated!

I'm going to purchase a semi-auto bolt for it first, as I believe I need to weld in a denial island inside the receiver to prevent a full-auto bolt from being installed. I'm going to do the paperwork this weekend and get it sent off next week.... Woo Hoo!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top