Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Thinking about picking up a FN303

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by A2theK, Jul 1, 2010.

1. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

I was wondering if anyone has used one? If so, how do you attach it to the M4/AR platforms?

2. CommandoJoe

CommandoJoe Pacific Northwest Member

Never heard of that before... Did some Googling and found that apparently it isn't always less than lethal:

Here's a pic of one mounted to an AR, maybe it will shed some light on how it is attached:

botach_1811_2327171.gif

Seem like that would add quite a bit of awkwardness and weight to a rifle. Looks to be basically an overly complicated and expensive paintball gun (About the same price as a basic AR) with some unique projectiles. If it was me, I wouldn't want to carry all that around on my rifle - I would just buy a good paintball gun for half the price and find some .68 cal dense plastic balls if you wanted some good punch without making holes in someone... Or for something small to carry with just as many shots as the M303, try this paintball pistol with the same hard plastic balls. No big airtank, just a small CO2 cartridge, 2x 8-round mags.

Did a bit more searching and it looks like the mount is a separate item you have to order to mount it to your rifle - FN also makes a Pistol version that fires the same projectiles (6 round mag) as the 303.

Although the FN ammo is interesting, I would still go with the regular paintball pistol though - cheaper, and you could load the first couple rounds as regular paintball, and then the rest with the hard stuff if the person doesn't back off... :D

Hmm, is a paintball pistol considered a firearm? could someone carry it concealed without a permit?