JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is not an ad.

Recently I've been thinking about offing two handguns. I have a lure for an AK pistol.
I have (edit) two/three in excess. A Springfield 1911 MC Operator, a Glock 21SF, and a Ruger MKIV Davidsons Edition that are taking up space.
Some will say stay flexible. Sell them individually, then seek what you're wanting.
I don't buy/acquire what I have with intentions of later selling, so a two for one is the route I would take.
Could I come up with a nice/decent trade from what I have?
Let me know your thoughts.

Please do not post any offers in the topic.

Last Edited:
The market for polymer framed guns has been pretty weak the last couple of years. I'm not sure you'd get much trying to sell the G21. As much utility as a G21 provides, I'd just keep it.

1911s are still moving at a decent clip. If you find the AK pistol you want, you may get a trade. Or you can sell for cash to purchase what you want. That's a good gun you have there.

Patience is the thing you'll need trying to get specific trades.

You can post up an ad for the two guns and ask for that specific gun you want. It might happen in an hour, it might take years of non specific trade offers to test your patience. Combine that with offers to buy one of the two guns separately and many other nonsense offers.

I've bought and sold a lot. It is always far easier to sell separately and buy separately.

Unless you have a great deal of patience to wait for that one person to see your ad and jump, my recommendation is sell those two separately and then get your AK.

The market for polymer framed guns has been pretty weak the last couple of years. I'm not sure you'd get much trying to sell the G21. As much utility as a G21 provides, I'd just keep it.

1911s are still moving at a decent clip. If you find the AK pistol you want, you may get a trade. Or you can sell for cash to purchase what you want. That's a good gun you have there.
That's just it. The G21SF was an impulse buy. The grip is too much for my hand, so it sits.
The MC Operator, I have two, so one can go.
Edit
I also have a Ruger MKIV Davidsons Edition with 10 factory mags, to add into the mix

Last Edited:
Here's an idea. Come up with a reasonable price for that fine 1911, then knock $200.00 off and I'l take 'em both. And of course. I'll cover the transfer.

Patience is the thing you'll need trying to get specific trades.

You can post up an ad for the two guns and ask for that specific gun you want. It might happen in an hour, it might take years of non specific trade offers to test your patience. Combine that with offers to buy one of the two guns separately and many other nonsense offers.

I've bought and sold a lot. It is always far easier to sell separately and buy separately.

Unless you have a great deal of patience to wait for that one person to see your ad and jump, my recommendation is sell those two separately and then get your AK.
I knew this direction would arise. I get it. What I don't want to do, is list them for sale/trade individually. Less farking around.
I know there are people out there who got the bug for AK's, then later found they needed something for EDC instead. Those are the types I want to lure into my trade. I see these types of (want to) trades fairly frequently on Armslist. But it's flake city for the most.

Here's an idea. Come up with a reasonable price for that fine 1911, then knock $200.00 off and I'l take 'em both. And of course. I'll cover the transfer.
Well, first off, I'm a reasonable type, not a car salesman.
So if I did set a price, that'd be it. I'm not the desperate ( I gotta have) type.
I know what new cost, and used, so. And my toys are taken care of meticulously.

You'd be taking a financial beating to trade those 2 for 1 AK pistol.

Your value:
1911 - $1200 retail
Glock 21 - $600 retail

AK pistol - ~$600 retail

As the owner of a couple of AK pistols, they are fine weapons. Even better if you brace them. Not trying to hijack the thread, but I like the modularity of an AR pistol much better. Easier to brace it, put on optics and lights, etc. Just a thought.

Selling for cash, you've got about $1400 in pistols. You can probably get about $1000 for the 1911 (new retail is $1200), and $400 or so for the Glock (new retail is $600). That's a LOT of cheese for a AK pistol, which you can buy for about $600.

Doing a specific 2 for 1 with very unique firearms may be threading a needle, particularly when your firearms are very different (a 1911 and a Glock). But since you're basically paying almost 3x the value in trade value, it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm not there and I'm not offering, but if I were presented with that I'd trade off my $600 AK pistol for over $1500 in 2 pistols. So if you're set on doing it I'm confident someone local would do it, purely for the economics of it.

You'd be taking a financial beating to trade those 2 for 1 AK pistol.

Your value:
1911 - $1200 retail
Glock 21 - $600 retail

AK pistol - ~$600 retail

As the owner of a couple of AK pistols, they are fine weapons. Even better if you brace them. Not trying to hijack the thread, but I like the modularity of an AR pistol much better. Easier to brace it, put on optics and lights, etc. Just a thought.

Selling for cash, you've got about $1400 in pistols. You can probably get about $1000 for the 1911 (new retail is $1200), and $400 or so for the Glock (new retail is $600). That's a LOT of cheese for a AK pistol, which you can buy for about $600.

Doing a specific 2 for 1 with very unique firearms may be threading a needle, particularly when your firearms are very different (a 1911 and a Glock). But since you're basically paying almost 3x the value in trade value, it shouldn't be too difficult.
I get what you're saying, and understand. My saying I want to trade two for one, is not necessarily the played out plan. I do know, however, there are the naive and will take it as that. Not happening. There's a lot of flexibility with the direction of my offerings. One pistol +/- cash, both pistols +/- cash. That's dependent on the trade offer and the individual who wants what I have, and their level of "reasonable" trade. I'm not about to bend over.

I get what you're saying, and understand. My saying I want to trade two for one, is not necessarily the played out plan. I do know, however, there are the naive and will take it as that. Not happening. There's a lot of flexibility with the direction of my offerings. One pistol +/- cash, both pistols +/- cash. That's dependent on the trade offer and the individual who wants what I have, and their level of "reasonable" trade. I'm not about to bend over.

I guess I'm misunderstanding or confused by the thread. This seems pretty elementary. Post both of your pistols for sale individually for market fair prices. The 1911 is about $1000 and Glock about $400. If one sells, withdraw the other or sell it as well. Use the cash to then buy an AK pistol. Atlantic Arms now has them around $600.

Not sure what hassles there are, really. It's going to require trips to the gun store regardless so that's baked into the cake.

Anyway, I just posted to be helpful. Good luck figuring out what you want to do. But IMO you can get a lot more for that 1911 all by itself than an AK pistol...

Well, then mayhaps one idea might be to list your trade wants as:

AK pistol PLUS several cases of ammo & a dozen or so mags etc etc.

^^^ Or an ad such as:

I have a 1911 valued at $1000 and a Glock 21SF valued at $400. I'd like an AK pistol, which I value around $500-$600 depending on condition. Let's work a fair trade, +/- cash or extras to even it out.

Ive had an ak pistol and although they are cool eye candy, they are about the most usless gun ive ever seen. You cant hit a damn thing unless you shoulder an arm brace and less withouht, the recoil of 762 is jumpy in such a short piece and mine wore its welcome out after 2 trips shooting and i was happy to see it go. If you must get one id keep the 1911 sell the glock and the ruger and that should get you $ to buy what you want. I would recomend an ak underfolder you basicily get both for almost the same price.

Speaking only for myself...
If what I am trading no longer holds an interest for me , or I have a use for...
And what I am trading for I have a use for and interest in...then I usually trade.

While I do like to make a bit of money in a sale or trade...that is not my prime motive in selling or trading.
Andy

Here's another idea... You price all your guns at a dollar and sell them to me !!!:D:D:D

The point was that a fine American made, all steel classic, paired with a generic, half plastic Glock seems like a hard sell. IDK, maybe not. It was supposed to be a joke.

This is not an ad.

Recently I've been thinking about offing two handguns. I have a lure for an AK pistol.
I have (edit) two/three in excess. A Springfield 1911 MC Operator, a Glock 21SF, and a Ruger MKIV Davidsons Edition that are taking up space.
Some will say stay flexible. Sell them individually, then seek what you're wanting.
I don't buy/acquire what I have with intentions of later selling, so a two for one is the route I would take.
Could I come up with a nice/decent trade from what I have?
Let me know your thoughts.

Please do not post any offers in the topic.

I think it would be tough to find an AK pistol right now. That being said the three pistols for a good quality AK seems fair maybe a little lower end at a shop as they have to make money in each trade.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top