JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have lived in Idaho my whole 48 years of life. I'm actually a 4th generation Idahoan. It's gotten to the point I can't afford to live here anymore. I sold my house 3 years ago due to a divorce and to move in and take care of my elderly parents. I have been trying to buy a house since last November and keep getting outbid. The price of rent is through the roof. I can't stand being here anymore because of all the people. I have been looking at moving to Montana since my parents are now in a nursing home due to there decline in health. We sold the house and I have till June 9th to move out. So where are the best places in Montana to move? I have been researching and from what I can find, the west of the divide is what I'm looking at. Any suggestions?

I just moved to Montana last September. The housing market was just as crazy here and is still nuts. I put dozens of offers in over several months before I finally closed on a house. Lots of residents are complaining about the fast rising rents as well as house values skyrocketing beyond the average citizen here. As for where, depends on what your needs are. I work in Missoula. My dad lives in the Bitterroot valley, which isn't too far away from places to work and shop. You get in the sticks out here, it is REALLY the sticks. Wifi can be an issue, although cell service has greatly expanded.

Well after looking for jobs and finding a place to live in Montana it's seems it will cost more to live there. The housing market isn't any better, actually worse than Idaho. I found numerous jobs but can't afford the housing.

Montana has been successfully Californicated etc. like the rest of the West! Moved from there over 30 years ago and would never return (except to visit relatives). It has been several decades since it was "the last great place in America". Any 'town' of any size has been infected!

I looked online a little bit just now, and it seemed there were some ok deals on real estate - at least compared to my area. But like anywhere, it depends on where you are coming from, and of course, whether you need a job or not and how much they pay. That said, I am guessing at least some of the prices I saw are probably inflated from what they were a year or two or more ago.

If I was younger I would be tempted, but when I was younger I did not have near the net worth I have now and I would still have to work (back then, employers were not amenable to remote work).

Home prices are crazy everywhere. Sellers enjoy the ride until they morph into buyers, then they get to know what it feels like. We're going to stay put for now with a modest mid-century that's paid-for and just enjoy life.

Montana has been successfully Californicated etc. like the rest of the West! Moved from there over 30 years ago and would never return (except to visit relatives). It has been several decades since it was "the last great place in America". Any 'town' of any size has been infected!
You obviously have no idea what "Californicated" looks like if that is what you think. They call Missoula the most liberal city in Montana, but that makes me laugh. I usually tell them to fire the city council, replace it with outright self-proclaimed anarchists, fire 30 percent of the police force, tell everyone they can use whatever drugs they want and you will raise taxes to provide the free needles, and ask people to come to the city to stick it to Whitey, that looting is just reparations for centuries old transgressions ...then, just then, you might get an honorable mention in Antifa-stan. You have no freakin idea.

Back in the Sixties, Petaluma CA tried to impose 'development' requirements/restrictions to mitigate rampant development. Developers took them to court and WON. That is now why the two lane road south of Missoula has four lanes and Ravioli County favors the developers - hence Californication! Note I have 'lived' in Missoula (malfunction junction area), Bozeman, Big Sky and Cooke City so I am well aware of what 'californication' looks like. Kallispell was invaded way back in the Seventies and now Troy and Libby are suffering the same fate! AND I have lived and traveled in all but one of the states west of the Mississippi. The SE USA is not unknown to me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top