JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about a MOS pistol. Generally for target shooting and or some wilderness hiking. Weight is an issue. I see that Springfield has a XD 10 MM semi but I do not know about quality although I have a XD 40 subcompact and an XDS 9mm and quality seems very goo. I seem to recall that Springfield did a torture test at 10,000 rounds through their XD 10 mm which was flawless but that seems like a low level compared to some that are tested to 25,000 rounds. Any ideas on Springfield's quality compared to Smith or whoever?

Any ideas which way to go? 357 SIG or 10 mm. Both, in theory, will accept 40 caliber swap barrels I'd think?
Any suggestions for models? I have a 44 mag Ruger Super Black hawk for serious backwoods work.

.357 Sig is so obsolete at this point I'm surprised anyone would seriously consider it.

I would be willing to guess if you can find a 40 swap barrel for a 10mm, you could also find a 357 swap. Therefore, I'd get the 10 and be able to have all 3.

The problem I've had with 357 Sig is due to the short neck, you really only have a couple chamberings of a given round before visually significant bullet setback occur so I consider it a one and done caliber. Reloading also takes an additional step for me as I can't find a carbide die anywhere and I am NOT going to lube every single pistol case like a rifle. It is fun to shoot though.

Get ether a 1911 or Glock G-20 and enjoy 10 mm goodness every day! Wanna practice on the cheap, swap recoil springs and your good to go, no need to swap barrels! Why fuss with any of the other pistols, when you can get one that is proven to run and doesn't require anything to be able to shoot ether loading other then a $20 spring! :cool:

Reloading 10mm is easy and you have tons of recipes.
There's gotta be a reason virtually every pistol caliber made these days is 'straight-wall'. OK ok, some are a slight taper...still straight compared to bottle neck....

Get ether a 1911 or Glock G-20 and enjoy 10 mm goodness every day! Wanna practice on the cheap, swap recoil springs and your good to go, no need to swap barrels! Why fuss with any of the other pistols, when you can get one that is proven to run and doesn't require anything to be able to shoot ether loading other then a $20 spring! :cool:

Which 1911. I like lite weight for hiking. 1911 would be 7-8 rounds I'd think. Smith and Wesson nor Springfield would not meet performance criteria or Ruger if they had MOS?

9mm. If you wanna 357 sig use +p+ loading data.

More or less true - just make sure you have a supported chamber. Plus .40 does as well with 135 gr projectiles (although sectional density isn't quite as good) while doing better with heavier projectiles. The .40 ammo is much more available too - I doubt we will see any ammo manufacturers updating .357 SIG ammo in the future.

More or less true - just make sure you have a supported chamber. Plus .40 does as well with 135 gr projectiles (although sectional density isn't quite as good) while doing better with heavier projectiles. The .40 ammo is much more available too - I doubt we will see any ammo manufacturers updating .357 SIG ammo in the future.
Never really heard of a glocked 9mm case but then again, the web of the 9mm is more robust than the .45, .40 and 357 sig.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top