JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at stuff sacks, and compression sacks; and I noticed one thing... its either solid fabric with or without the compression straps, or just plain mesh, no compression straps/lashing....and I got to wondering...how come? One would think being able to compress a mesh stuff sack would be a good thing, because there's no air trapped, and if the items are in any way wet...can still be dried if needed (a tarp for example)

So I'm thinking, maybe I want to make a few different size compression sacks with a mesh fabric, 4 compression straps each...or loops for a bungee cord/paracord (multiuse!) system.... I do have one big MSS 9-strap model that's a solid fabric, and it compresses my down sleeping bag with 2 pants into a size slightly smaller than a basketball...but I can't help but think a slightly smaller mesh version with less straps would be just as good.... Especially since it is a down sleeping bag :rolleyes:
If I use the MSS compression bag to carry all of my clothes, the sleeping bag, and Extreme Cold Weather Parka, it ends up being a little too tall and stiff to fit into the Large ALICE ruck or the Judy copy of the 10th MTN rucksack...so that's another reason I'm thinking a smaller sack with compression straps for just the sleeping bag, and other sizes for the other stuff, making it easier to actually fill the space in the rucks.

What say you guys?
I know, there's also the waterproof stuffsacks, but if I want waterproof, I just use the big trash compactor plastic bags over the rucksack :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top