JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you thinking about carrying it? high capacity 45's are big and heavy, in case you did not notice. But I guess you already know that and dont mind the extra pounds and bulk.

Besides all the mentioned above, one rather affordable gun is the Tangfolio Witness (yes, I know, only 10 rds). There is also the STI 5" competition, which have double stack mags. Pricy as heck but are hard to beat capacity-wise.

Honestly, if you are a normal build individual or smaller, I think you will soon find out that if you want to carry a lot of rounds, you are better off with your 9mm Luger.

I carry a 5-rd 38 SPC snubby and I've made my peace with it.

And y'all say the glock is ugly

homebanner.jpg

homebanner.jpg

And y'all say the glock is ugly

View attachment 35858

Eye is in the beauty of the gun holder ....... LOL!

Personally, I think my XDm 3.8 is an aesthetically pleasing pistol. Not nearly as pleasing to the eye as a 1911 but I like it. I have to admit I don't pick my sidearms based on beauty so much as I do on fit and my ability to make the gun do what I need it to do to the best of my ability.

I'm down to about four or five .45's (one of which is my wife's 1911) but I fell in love with the FNP. My first FNP was the -45 Tactical that I use primarily with my can and range shooting. I loved it so much - I don't have big hands, but the grip fits very comfortably - that I bought a non-tactical for carry. I threw a Hogue monogrip on both and it's like a glove. My other .45s that I still have are my P220 and my Combat Commander - both have their upsides, but the FNP right now is the hot girl at homecoming.

Was considering a XD, but then a Buddy offered a bargain on a 1911. Had been also wanting more rounds, but now I have to say there is something more to the 1911. Kind of the same feeling while using a Garand or 1917, solid feel of steel and wood with the Tradition of used by our Military.

In my experience when you carry around larger calibers, the subsequent decrease in mag capacity does not reflect a decrease in confidence. I am happy with 8+1 in 45acp. Definitely get something you like either way. Happy hunting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top