JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you be interested in using an application like this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's a good idea, an app that would roll everything up into one. It would have to have access to a huge database. Everyone is afraid of security but yet they post pictures online of their collections and workbenches, reloading benches, cars, bikes etc. and most of the time you can right click on the image and get the gps location and see exactly were the pic was taken.
I think the app would have to be secure, be able to keep out the anti's, which would be a problem.
Just an app that would show all the gun ranges nationwide, with links and photos.the app could also have current info for every gun show in the nation. That would be cool! Even the small shows!!
There are allot of things you could do with it.

How many dating sites were there until Tinder came along? How many photo sharing sites were there before instagram came along? Yada yada yada..

The point is not that a social network doesn't already exists, period. It's that one does not exist as a native application for mobile devices. That, in my opinion, is where the $$ is.

I'm not sure and I don't care about Tinder ,instagram etc...
( Although I see your point... )
However I don't think you saw mine.
My point being , This site already does those things that you are saying that your app will do.
And that I am happy with what already exists.

If you want to make a app to do the things you want , like in your OP , then fine , go for it.
No law against it and you don't need mine or anyone else's approval.
If you are looking to see if folks will like it and use it ... Then just look around.
It seems as if there is a "app" for everything and almost anything.
Why wouldn't yours fly?

I just don't see myself using it or needing it.
Believe it or not some folks are happy with a lack of High Tech items in their lives.
You asked in your OP if anyone would be interested in your proposed app.
I'm sure many will be ... just not me.
No offense or slight to you.
Andy

Last Edited:
Nope.
But my opine may be tainted a bit since the only phone I own is a land line and one of them still has a rotary dial.:)
But Hey, it's not all that bad, I was forced to convert to fiber optics. So goes reliability in a storm:confused:

I know more about you guys than most my friends on Facebook. They post something about their dinner or when they are at the beach the essential selfi...

I know what kind of guns you all own, how many, how much ammo you have, if you carry, if you keep one in your car, if you keep them in a safe and for some here what kind....

Just sayin...

o_O;)

I know more about you guys than most my friends on Facebook. They post something about their dinner or when they are at the beach the essential selfi...

I know what kind of guns you all own, how many, how much ammo you have, if you carry, if you keep one in your car, if you keep them in a safe and for some here what kind....

Just sayin...

o_O;)
OP, how 'bout a Ball Gag app for Koda ?

:D

@ZacharyKhan Here is the big problem that I see. Even if we all get to know you and say hay I'm going to support this kid and help him with his app. At some point some jack azz is going to offer you a ton of money and you will sell the app because your human. That person then sells it to the government.

I don't do social media unless you consider NWFA social media. Social media specializes in making "you" the product. Joe Link would never do that to us so here I'll stay until they ask me to leave which will probably be any day now....

What's Tinder?:eek:

NWFA is the only sorta social media I do... See, the less there is about me floating around out there in bits and bytes, the happier I am...

I'm one of those reclusive IT engineering types...

And I'm a reclusive caveman who wishes this technology would have failed and real jobs are working outside of a building, building stuff... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Nope. Don't use FB or other types anymore either. Problem with phone apps - your phone carrier not only has GPS logs of everywhere you go, but cell triangulation data as well. They know every bit of data that crosses their networks. The .gov routinely pulls information from these providers. Doesn't matter if the app itself is "blind" to personal data - your phone is not. No need to make it easier for the corrupt to do corrupt things - and for criminals to gain access to the data. Data breaches are a big thing now - and no one is safe or secure from them.

And I typically dislike "apps" anyway save for a select handful. 99.9% of apps out there are datamines and otherwise useless garbage.

So.. I've been thinking about mocking up some designs for a mobile application for firearm enthusiasts to network and socialize. Would you be interested in using something like this on your iPhone (and android, later..) ?

To give a vague idea, some of the features COULD be:
  • Incorporate ranges across the US. (ex: post pictures of your day at the range, review the range, etc.)
  • Nearby FFL's (ex: Get a feel for which FFL's have the best reputation, reviews, etc. in your area.)
  • User Profiles (ex: Username, Firearms, Ranges you have been to & how you did for each recorded day at that range, etc.)
  • Nearby Ranges (ex: Shows nearby ranges; each range will have a list of formatted posts - each are different users posting pictures, stats, etc. about their day at that range. These posts will show on a users profile for each time they record a day at the range.)
  • Firearms (ex: User's, if willing, can post images & statistics of their firearms OR they can anonymously post photo's of their firearms.)
Here's what WOULD NOT happen:
  • Your device will NEVER request access to the GPS to track you. (For your user profile you will enter your zip code and that is all that is tied to your account in terms of location services.)
  • You are NOT REQUIRED to provide any personal information. (You will login with a username & password, with an email to verify users and recover account passwords. This allows you to remain as anonymous as you'd like.)

Keep in mind, this is just off of the top of my head for now. If there is a decent amount of people who are interested in something like this, I would not mind building a prototype and doing a beta test, launching the app, etc.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Zach

My opinion, my smartphone already has an app to fine ranges and gun dealers, google maps.
Not much interest in creating a user profile and posting gun pics. If I post anything here its usually in response to a thread conversation to a person.

When I want to talk about guns I use nwfa. Ive got to know the regulars here, even if just virtually.

NWFA does the job you're describing, except for one thing - it isn't necessarily in a gps trackable device.

But if I access NWFA from my iPhone while I'm sitting in the waiting room at the dentist, there's probably a way for some (bad-actor) genius to track me, if they're so inclined. I'd say there are very few gun owners who are truly "off the grid" when it comes to Uncle Sam's long nose.

I hope there are militias scattered around the country who are under the radar, but I doubt it. We just went through 8 years of a muslim-sympathizing president who actually had the muslim brotherhood in the White House. How much they know, and how many of them are in-country already, is anybody's guess. According to a Pew Research poll, something like 20 - 25% of the younger muslims in the US think suicide bombing is - at least sometimes - acceptable.

Can you imagine the chaos that will happen if a few thousand of those guys are suddenly activated in every state? And wouldn't it be a great advantage to them, to know the exact location of as many gun owners as possible?

So - no, I don't think it's a good idea to make it easier for gun owners to be tracked.

I know, I know - my tinfoil hat needs new antennas.

Not to get on the topic of what's wrong with my generation (I really hate barely being a millennial) but we all know the younger crowd needs technology to function. For the most part, the tech industry is dominated by anti's. When a kid like Zach comes along, from Corvallis of all places, with a high education, it's a rarity for that person to think guns are cool. Zach's that type of kid who could be the president of a search engine someday and knowing that makes me feel things aren't completely lost in the fight to preserve our Constitution.

So.. I've been thinking about mocking up some designs for a mobile application for firearm enthusiasts to network and socialize. Would you be interested in using something like this on your iPhone (and android, later..) ?

To give a vague idea, some of the features COULD be:
  • Incorporate ranges across the US. (ex: post pictures of your day at the range, review the range, etc.)
  • Nearby FFL's (ex: Get a feel for which FFL's have the best reputation, reviews, etc. in your area.)
  • User Profiles (ex: Username, Firearms, Ranges you have been to & how you did for each recorded day at that range, etc.)
  • Nearby Ranges (ex: Shows nearby ranges; each range will have a list of formatted posts - each are different users posting pictures, stats, etc. about their day at that range. These posts will show on a users profile for each time they record a day at the range.)
  • Firearms (ex: User's, if willing, can post images & statistics of their firearms OR they can anonymously post photo's of their firearms.)
Here's what WOULD NOT happen:
  • Your device will NEVER request access to the GPS to track you. (For your user profile you will enter your zip code and that is all that is tied to your account in terms of location services.)
  • You are NOT REQUIRED to provide any personal information. (You will login with a username & password, with an email to verify users and recover account passwords. This allows you to remain as anonymous as you'd like.)

Keep in mind, this is just off of the top of my head for now. If there is a decent amount of people who are interested in something like this, I would not mind building a prototype and doing a beta test, launching the app, etc.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Zach
I think we are on a gun social media site right now just what I need another App on my phone but if you want go ahead try it out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top