JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Ruger SR1911 and EAA Witness Compact in 10mm. Both stainless. I currently have the compact for sale at EAA Witness Compact SS 10mm
I have shot a friend's Glock 40 MOS Gen 4.
Personally, hate how Glocks feel in my hand. LOVED how the G40 shot - a balls-accurate gun in my hand, hitting 8" plates 100% at 50 yards. (I'm not that good of a shooter). Now, the red dot may pose problems as far as carry.
I love the Ruger too, now my woods carry gun. Not too keen on the target sights because they are hard to see in low light. The gun makes me look good as a shooter because it's so easy to be accurate.

As far as recoil on the three mentioned above, the Glock managed it the best, the SR1911 slightly more stout, and the EAA is strong.
You're welcome to shoot my two if you like.

Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?
Fixed....
When discussing barrel length vs distance of the shot, I'm always left wondering how many people actually take the time to make long shots with their handgun?
There's a lot more involved to distance shooting with a handgun than barrel length or sight radius.
I encourage people to try it.
BTDT, which is why I got out of full sized 9mm pistols.
55 gal barrel at 100 yards:
  • 45ACP, aiming 1 foot above the barrel, consistent hits
  • 40S&W, aiming at top of barrel, consistent hits
  • CZ75B 9mm, never hit. Aiming 2' above, spotter said I was hitting 10' short.

Give some facts then. I've several and not one of them has given me any problems. In fact, the first one I got many years ago, a XD9SC has well over 10k rounds through it and runs flawlessly.

What facts? That they have a case full of used ones? Read up. On the first page I said the XD would work for the OPs needs.

G20 can be shot for free at Place to Shoot in Delta Park, no range or rental fee, just ask to shoot the sporting systems guns, you'll only pay for the ammo burned. Id do the g20 over a XDM everyday of the week. I carry a 1911 10mm longslide OFTEN, love them...would not carry it in the woods. Capacity, as well as the jam factor with debris, mud, etc. a G20...I'll beat the heck out of it and not give a rat's pitootey.

I personally have had issues with the Springfield grip safety not disengaging when having a less than perfect grip (eg, drawing under a stressful situation). I would definitely recommend practicing drawing quickly from a holster and making sure that you don't have similar issues.

G20 can be shot for free at Place to Shoot in Delta Park, no range or rental fee, just ask to shoot the sporting systems guns, you'll only pay for the ammo burned. Id do the g20 over a XDM everyday of the week. I carry a 1911 10mm longslide OFTEN, love them...would not carry it in the woods. Capacity, as well as the jam factor with debris, mud, etc. a G20...I'll beat the heck out of it and not give a rat's pitootey.

Yup. Educated advice from a well-known industry leader. Pretty hard to argue that.

I have a Diamond D
Excellent craftsmanship
Glock_40mos.jpg

I think the Kenai would allow for a faster draw, though.
Imagine jumping a Griz at 7-10 yards while traversing a huckleberry patch on your way to the next fishin' hole !
32e448e603663832653f464839fc2852.jpg

Other than materials, there is a difference in these two designs, can you spot it ?

My LGS has a case FULL of used XDs. To the point they won't take any more in. They joke about people that buy them and then take a bath trading them in on better guns.
What LGS is it? I'm curious, and would like to pick up another XD or two. Could you please pm me? I'm not wanting to get in the middle of this glock vs sa thing, just wanting a good deal

Last Edited:
I have a Diamond D
Excellent craftsmanship
View attachment 657893

I think the Kenai would allow for a faster draw, though.
Imagine jumping a Griz at 7-10 yards while traversing a huckleberry patch on your way to the next fishin' hole !
View attachment 657894

Other than materials, there is a difference in these two designs, can you spot it ?
Is it the mag pouch on the top rig or the QD buckles on the lower rig?

Is that a magazine under the lower guy's left arm?
And the kydex holster's straps are joined at the three corners of the triangle while the leather rig is strapped all at one spot behind the trigger area of the pistol
I wonder how much that would bounce around while hiking along It would seem the kydex rig would not bounce as much.

I carried a Marlin 1895 lever rifle in 45-70 for a week, in the woods, looking for moose. It was heavy & weight counts when you are outside. A steel 1911 or a revolver in 10mm can get heavy quickly and add just a little more to your fatigue factor.
My choice would be the Glock 20SF.

I carried a Marlin 1895 lever rifle in 45-70 for a week, in the woods, looking for moose. It was heavy & weight counts when you are outside. A steel 1911 or a revolver in 10mm can get heavy quickly and add just a little more to your fatigue factor.
My choice would be the Glock 20SF.
I agree, if you are young and strong than a five pound handgun might be okay. Now days I carry a light weight 3" barrel 357.

@Joe Link did you ever pick one up? I just got a Xdm in 10mm and I'm pretty happy with it. I previously had a Glock 20 and I couldn't get over the uncomfortable grip of the full sized Glocks. The XDm grip is a lot better, but it's still not perfect, I really wish Walther would make a 10mm version of their PPQ in .45. That is the most comfortable handgun I've ever fondled.

Still, the XDm shoots great. Here are some 4 round groups at 10 yards off hand. IMG_20200302_122201369.jpg

@Joe Link did you ever pick one up? I just got a Xdm in 10mm and I'm pretty happy with it. I previously had a Glock 20 and I couldn't get over the uncomfortable grip of the full sized Glocks. The XDm grip is a lot better, but it's still not perfect, I really wish Walther would make a 10mm version of their PPQ in .45. That is the most comfortable handgun I've ever fondled.

Still, the XDm shoots great. Here are some 4 round groups at 10 yards off hand.View attachment 665833

Nope, not yet! At this point I'm thinking maybe I need to buy and spend some time with both to figure out which I prefer, as both camps have strong supporters. I think if I came across a great deal on either one I'd buy :)

I am a 10 MM fan and have five of them. in my order of merit.
1 EAA Witness Elite match, just a great gun also a great heavy gun.
2 XDM 5.25 this is the one to carry, the extra 3/4 inch barrel is not a problem to draw and it weighs the same as the 4.5 due to the lightening cuts in the top of the slide, well close anyway. I like the sights better the grip is much more to my hands liking than the Blocky Glocks. Accurate!
3 XDM 4.5 is nearly the same as the 5.25, but it has good, but lesser sights in my opnion, makes a good 'Service' pistol to me.
4 G-20.4 works great, I am not a big fan of grip feel, but way better than the G-29, Stock "Ball-in-the-Bucket' Glock sights that do work and some people like them...
5 G-29.4, my first 10 MM. Pretty Bulky for a smaller gun. Short blocky grip does not sit well with me. Accurate and I am keeping it.

Where is Joe Link going to use this pistol? What kind of woods carry, or locations? Cascades, Western Oregon, Eastern Oregon, Idaho?

Might make a difference on what kind of piece to take into the woods? Are two footed creatures a problem? Gangs or wolves?

Where is Joe Link going to use this pistol? What kind of woods carry, or locations? Cascades, Western Oregon, Eastern Oregon, Idaho?

Might make a difference on what kind of piece to take into the woods? Are two footed creatures a problem? Gangs or wolves?
I think my XDM10 5.25 could handle it all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top