JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a Glock fanboi (like some :s0113:) but I can't say enough nice things about my G20.4
The first thing you notice is that the slide action is slick....slicker than any plastic fantastic I own.
It is extremely accurate.
It's a soft shooter and a pleasure to shoot for a long range session.
I've run a lot of different ammo through it including Underwood.
Range buddies love to shoot it.

That's more than enough to sell me.

At one time I was really interested in an XDS .45. While I was considering buying one I got the opportunity to shoot two of them. One that had the recall installed and one that hadn't. The trigger was a sponge on both. Kinda soured me on that line.
The only 10mm I've shot was the twin to my CBOB in 45. To me, the recoil was similar between the two guns. I also prefer the slightly shorter barrel of the Commander vs the 5" Government model. Since I'm not much of a Glock fan, one wouldn't be on my radar.
I've owned a Officers sized double stack and it was the only 1911 that's given me trouble. It was the result of the firing pin safety and the reason none of my other 1911's have one.
If I was interested in a high capacity 10mm I'd figure out what it took to make one on a Commander. I understand the reasoning that many folks like the idea of one, It's not up my alley.

But I'm used to being odd. :D

If it makes you feel any better Joe, I am about to rotate the Rock Island Double Stack into my daily carry, it's fully broken in and flawless! Added a front trit sight, and new shoulder holster from Ted Blocker!
Outside that, I also carry a big arse wheel gun for back up! :D

Just throwing out another option... I know there are those that love their 10mm... But...
1581048444194.png
20 rounds of this?

1581048601992.png

I spend quite a bit of time in the woods (camping, hiking, fishing, wheeling, etc) and I'd like to get a high capacity 10mm for OWB carry out there. I've heard great things about the Springfield XDm 10mm's so I think that's the route I'm going to go. They make two models, one with a 4.5" barrel and one with a 5.25" barrel. I like the idea of the 5.25" model but with some of my other carry guns what seems like a negligible increase in size turns out to be a pain. Curious to hear which you'd go with and thoughts in general :)

Joe Link: Where would woods or mountain range would you be carrying? As an aside I would go with the longer barrel regardless because of the potential shooting range. I carry either 7.5 or 8 3/8 inch barreled magnum revolvers in the woods on the hip or shoulder and especially because I have dogs with me. If they are out at 75 years and scrapping with a cat or a bear, I do not want a 4" pistol with me.
Having contradicted my self here now, my next remote wilderness trip with a woman will be with a SW 4006 with 155 grain BB ammo--likely across the chest--just because I want the firepower of the 11 round mag with a lady friend with me; against any two footed intruders.

I have two Springfield pistols: XDM subcompact in 40 and XDS 9 mm; both a dream. You might want to rethink getting a big bore revolver--but I do not know what woods you are thinking of.

What other pistols or revolvers do you have that might work here?

My .02 worth what you paid for it. I had the G 40-mos and now have the XD-m 5.25. A couple things that are important to me that I did to the glock were stock on the springfield. Adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front sight and a non polygonal rifled barrel are what I did to the glock. So I threw a couple c notes at the Glock to get it to shoot as good as the stock XDm. Next when they say the glock is a brick that's what it feels like, a big barrel heavy brick hanging out there. It feels like half the weight is in front of the trigger guard. Lastly I like the more upright or 1911 style grip angle of the Springfield over the Glock. And before you think I'm against all things glock, I do have a Gen 4 g22 in the lowly 40 S&W caliber that I like just fine.

RULES FOLKS!

lets remember to be civil here and not let our emotions get the better of us!
Were all gun nuts and all have our own opinions on the best options for ourselves, but that's only our own opinion and may not be shared by others!

While I have had a number of Glocks in various rounds, I've never handled one in 10MM. Also, the ones I've owned never really seemed to fit my hand well. My XD Mod2 4" Service .40SW fits real well and I can shoot it accurately. Had it at the range again today to get used to the Olight I just put on it. I also had and XDs in .40 sometime back and never had an issue with it other than with the .40 it was a snappy little critter!:D

thumbnail_IMG_0086[1][1].jpg

Just throwing out another option... I know there are those that love their 10mm... But...
View attachment 657563
20 rounds of this?

View attachment 657564

I have a CZ 75 and CZ 85 both all steel born about 1994-1995. And, I am thinking the same way as you with the BB p+. I cited in another post this night that I have a SW 4006 and thinking of the BB 40 cal 155 +p outdoorsman or similar. This is a lot cheaper way to go and lots of firepower and lots of punch! I also have a 44 Super Black Hawk which is loaded with standard Remington 240 gr soft point bullets, but could be loaded with 300 grain as well. But for the last 35 years, although coming across cats, bears, and one wolf in the woods, none of which were threatening to me or my dogs, the most serious threats were intoxicated natives and deliverance, no sh_t, backwoods people wearing bib overalls and carrying double barreled shotguns; that, no sh-t, entered my camp cat-like and without making a sound. Once I noticed this, as I was near the trunk of my car, with the rear deck open, I had my hand on the loaded Blackhawk. They said almost nothing and walked back into the woods.
I too have thought about purchasing a 10 mm semi. But am beginning to look the other way because of greater availability of powerful 9mm or 40 cal for my self-autos. I really like the idea of my CZ with the 20 round back up clip or the SW 4006 with all the 11 round mags that I have.
While I have had a number of Glocks in various rounds, I've never handled one in 10MM. Also, the ones I've owned never really seemed to fit my hand well. My XD Mod2 4" Service .40SW fits real well and I can shoot it accurately. Had it at the range again today to get used to the Olight I just put on it. I also had and XDs in .40 sometime back and never had an issue with it other than with the .40 it was a snappy little critter!:D

View attachment 657636
You like the olight?

I have a CZ 75 and CZ 85 both all steel born about 1994-1995. And, I am thinking the same way as you with the BB p+. I cited in another post this night that I have a SW 4006 and thinking of the BB 40 cal 155 +p outdoorsman or similar. This is a lot cheaper way to go and lots of firepower and lots of punch! I also have a 44 Super Black Hawk which is loaded with standard Remington 240 gr soft point bullets, but could be loaded with 300 grain as well. But for the last 35 years, although coming across cats, bears, and one wolf in the woods, none of which were threatening to me or my dogs, the most serious threats were intoxicated natives and deliverance, no sh_t, backwoods people wearing bib overalls and carrying double barreled shotguns; that, no sh-t, entered my camp cat-like and without making a sound. Once I noticed this, as I was near the trunk of my car, with the rear deck open, I had my hand on the loaded Blackhawk. They said almost nothing and walked back into the woods.
I too have thought about purchasing a 10 mm semi. But am beginning to look the other way because of greater availability of powerful 9mm or 40 cal for my self-autos. I really like the idea of my CZ with the 20 round back up clip or the SW 4006 with all the 11 round mags that I have.

You like the olight?

Rechecking: i checked with BB and the 44 +p+ 320 grain punches 1400 plus foot pounds our of a 7.5 inch tube at 50 yards. I wonder if the same round would work in my Ruger 44 Deer Slayer of 1978 vintage. Any ideas? That Ruger is a semi-auto 5 round carbine.

When discussing barrel length vs distance of the shot, I'm always left wondering how many people actually take the time to make long shots with their handgun?
I used to have a 6 1/2" barreled 41 Mag revolver and it was just as easy to make hits (if not easier) at 100 yards with my 4 1/4" barreled 1911. I also have friends who say they could catch that 230gr bullet with a mitt at that distance, but so far none have volunteered to try. :D

There's a lot more involved to distance shooting with a handgun than barrel length or sight radius.

I encourage people to try it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads