JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Big fan. I own two full-sizes and a compact. Started with the .40, then with barrel conversions have it in 9mm and .357SIG. Actually the SIG is my favorite round now. M&P's are great shooters, totally reliable, Made in USA...I was sold when I bought my first one.

I agree with all, myself would prefer the 9mm. I plan on a wheel gun as my edc.
. My S&W M&P 45 acp is my number 1 gun. At the range,CCW,home. All in one. Only on hot day is it not a good CCW gun. Then I go with colt defender. Or maybe a pocket gun. Sweet range gun. Always works. Make me look good. Three sizes to fit any hand.

Has anyone shot the compact version with the fullsize magazine? (See this) This seems like a good compromise, so long as it shoots similarly; plink with the 17 round mags, carry with the 12 round mag?

Has anyone shot the compact version with the fullsize magazine? (See this) This seems like a good compromise, so long as it shoots similarly; plink with the 17 round mags, carry with the 12 round mag?

I have some 17rd mags. When I ordered them I was going to buy some of the extensions too. I am glad I didn't. I don't remember the cost but they were not super cheep, especially when you need a few. They would not have fit in the mag pouches I use with the extension. I have no problem shooting the gun with just the 17rd mag in the gun alone.......

I have spoke w/ several Washington State Troopers and they are not very happy w/ their new M&Ps. They didn't like the trigger pulls and were generally dissapointed w/ the weapon. Of course, if I had to turn in a HK USP for the M&P, I wouldn't have been very happy either.

I agree, go with the Apex kit for a great setup. I have the RAM, hard sear and USB in my full size m&p and it's a night and day difference from the stock setup. Going from my M&P compact (which is stock) to the full size then back to the compact was an eye opening experience.

Hey, I really like my M&P 45 FS. I've had it for a couple of years now and put a lot of lead reloads thru it with no problems, both LSWC & LRN style, try that with a Glock with the factory barrel. It fits and feels better to me than any of the other tupperware guns that I have tried. Two thumbs up from me.

I own three, a full size 45 and 357sig and a compact 9. ALso have 40 & 9 conversion barrels for the 357. Absolutely love them and they all get shot on a weekly basis. If I had to pick a fav it would be the 357. My 45 went to the PC at S&W for the trigger/action job and I did the others myself with the Apex Tactical parts. Kind of a must do as the factory trigger sucks !!!. The 9s have a fair amount od complaints in the accuracy dept but be real it's not a precision handgun, it's a solid duty/defense gun and in this arena it shines !!

+1 on the trigger. I've given mine ( a FS and a compact, both .40) about a year and the trigger still sucks. Worse than a glock, MUCH worse than a Springfield XD. I may try the APEX kit before I sell these off. Kinda suprised S&W couldn't do better in this regard.
Otherwise, the best fitting pistol I've shot, and more comfy to shoot than my Glock was in .40.

The Apex parts turn the M&P into a dream pistol. For under $100 and about 30 minutes work, you can have a trigger almost as good as a big buck 1911 (key word being almost). S&W's aware and before long may offer them in a stock pistol. I was disappointed at the PC work done on my 45 vs what I did to my 357sig. The Apex trigger is so much smoother and actually has a reset now !! Just can't say enought good things for those folks !!

I might just have to try it out then (APEX kit). Just dissapointed in the way S&W put a trigger like this in an otherwise amazing pistol.

Apex trigger kit is excellent and install a crimson trace laser grip and you will have a shooter!!! For home and carry!!!
I have a .45acp fullsize and it eats everything I have put down the pipe and never missed a beat! Prior to the trigger kit I was going to sell it, if i couldnt find a trigger group solution. Stock trigger sucked!!!
I own a couple Glocks also and like them, but If I was going to buy another poly pistol it would be a M&P hands down!!!:s0155:

There are lots of reviews of the S&W M&P in the S&W forum.

I started shooting my M&P 9 about 3 weeks ago-have put about 1500 rounds through it without a single hiccup and am getting an APEX trigger job for it over the weekend. I never thought I'd find something I'd like better than my Hi-Power but am starting to think about changing my mind.

M&P 45 has been my carry pistol for several years and I truly enjoy it. I bought a 9C a few years back as a summer carry pistol but it doesn't get a lot of use as the full size is fairly easy to carry and I prefer a 45. I bought pro series FS 45 six months back, can't say it is all that much better than the orginal 45 I enjoy, the trigger was better out of the box but as mentioned there is a pretty simple trigger job out there that works great and after you break it in it is a fine pistol to carry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top