JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am planning on gettin one as well.... it will be my next purchase, the trigger on it feels amazing and seems to have no slack in it at all... when taxes get here i plan on picking one up... only think i cant decide is if i want .45 or 40

I just took my new full size 40 out for the 2nd time today and after just 250 rounds the trigger has become very predictable and clean breaking for a striker fired pistol. I am very pleased with this pistol. I was regularly keeping my groups in a 2" circle at 15 yards today and shot a clay pigeon on a hillside 30yds out on the 1st shot. I was shooting 185 gr lfn handloads charged with power pistol powder. It's surpassing my expectations by becoming a very enjoyable target pistol as well as a capable defensive weapon. I wish they would make a mid-size compact vesion as well as the full size and sub-compact because I'm afraid I'd have to have it. S&W did good!

I love my M&P, but the trigger, as most people will agree, is not exactly perfect.

However, for 90 bucks or so you can order the Duty Carry Action Enhancement Kit from Apex Tactical and vastly improve the trigger.

Here's a link:
<broken link removed>

I have several gun buddies who swear by their products, and I just ordered mine the other day.

I apologize if this sounds like an advertisement. I'm not associated with Apex, I just have heard many good things about their products.

M&Ps are awesome firearms, and I love mine. Try and get shoot one if you're on the fence, but I don't hesitate to recommend them to people.

I have carried the 9c as my EDC for almost 2 years now. I love mine. If you were up in my area I would let you try it out.

I am a Glock fan too owning several. I have never found a compact that I liked until the M&P. None of them felt good enough in my hand or came up on target for me without having to adjust for it. The M&Pc fits me well.

M&Ps are held in very high regard by quite a few very serious shooters... I run glocks almost exclusively but have numerous friends who do the M&P thing and have had ample opportunity to try the platform. They're solid pistols, great ergos and the triggers can be made very nice as well.

As for reviews...

Summary of Todd G's M&P torture test

I like it. Grip fits me better than glock grips do. Buy the apex sear as others have suggested as the stock triggers on M&Ps are pretty meh.

I keep hearing people say this on here but from another forum I heard the new 9's and 40's are better than the older ones and after a few hundred rounds are quite nice so I picked up a new one. After roughly 250 mines geting nice so I'd shoot it a bit before buying the aftermarket of having a trigger job done.

I have the M&P9 FS. It was the first striker gun I've owned in like 8 years. Myfirst range trip sucked,it took me about 250 rounds to get used to the trigger. At about 750 rounds I installed APEX DCAEK, now it is one of my favorite pistols. As soon as I get N/S it will be my EDC. I find it to fit my hand much better than Glock and it is very easy to disassemble. I will buy the 40c soon.

I held one at the local shop and was pretty impressed. I was just browsing around for my first carry/range pistol, but I was pretty much sold when I picked it up. Certainly better ergonomically than the G19s I've held. Also, the mag-release can be easily swapped to the other side for left-handed shooters (like myself). I tend to release the magazine with my dominant hand's middle finger (a pretty natural action), but options are always nice to have.

I can't say I'm real fond of the look of the trigger. And since I don't own one (yet!), I can't really comment on the feel of the trigger pull. But I'll keep the above recommendations in mind if I do pick one of these up. I'm trying to sit on my hands until my birthday...oooh it's tough!

Last Edited:
I've fired one and it is better ergonomically for me than the 8 Glocks I used to own. Trigger is different but still plasticky and should be improved by one of those Apex kits. I like lasers so its better than a Glock in that respect as well since Crimson Trace makes a handgrip version for it. I think it all comes down to individual fit so you will have to go out and try one and at least get a feel for it and its trigger versus the Glock or XDM or whatever else you are thinking of. I also like that it is made in America.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top