JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi

Like the title says I am looking at a buckmark. My intentions is to start some speed steel at the Iazzk Walton range in Eugene. Not much experience in competative shooting, so I'm just getting started. Have been around firearms most my life.
I think its a good looking pistol. They are asking 475.00. 051427490.jpg

I appreaciate your thoughts and comments.;)

051427490.jpg

i would google a few key terms and you will get tons and tons of info from all the boards. "Buckmark vs Ruger" for instance. I think 475 is a little high for the basic camper.

Buckmarks are great. Also I just saw a mint Browning Challenger today in a local shop. Tigger would be first issue to consider I would think in a budget .22 Not sure what the difference is between the camper and the one you are considering though. For that money I would look at a Ruger Hunter as well.

+1 about the price. Sound pretty high. I got a two tome with standard grips. I looked at all Rugers. All great. But I went with the Buckmark because I am a tinkerer. I wanted to either thread the barrel or replace it with a threaded barrel, longer shorter. With Rugers, you do not have that flexibility. The upper (barrrel included) is the registered firearm.

I like them both and couldn't decide which to get last year, then I was directed toward the Model 41 and had to have it so I ended up with that instead. It seems like you can get real cool barrels for the rugers that they don't make for the buckmarks but I'm not an expert (google it). I think they are both great guns and have pros and cons. Those pac lite and other aftermarket barrels are pretty nice.

My buddy has a $340 Camper and it appears that the gun can fire when a round is not fully chambered. He had one pretty much blow out the breach last year which was not cool. In playing with it we could only guess that the slide didn't fully seat before firing. Left half the case in the chamber. I'm not sure if they are all like that or not. Aside from the it's very accurate but he complains a lot about the trigger.

The problem with picking one at the store is they don't want you to dry fire rimfires. To me the trigger is half the gun and I want to know what it's like. I would get the one that has the best trigger or could be upgraded with little trouble.

Price seems high. I like the BM over the Ruger but both are great guns. I have not shot the S&W but they make some great guns too.

If you are really wanting to go compete (even if for fun) go to the range on a day of a shoot. See what the guys are using. Ask questions. See if you can test some, most are more then willing to help you. Feel them and see what feels best to you.

Thanks for the info so far, I have dry fired it and I do like the buckmark over the ruger. The ruger seemed to have a 2 stage trigger, a small click and then take up the travel and then the release of the firing pin. I am also a lefty that the buckmark just felt better in my hands and I was able to operate the slide release and mag release easier than on the ruger. Thanks for the info.

I'm a buckmark fan and believe your model choice is a good one. The UDX grip is very nice and the plus model does not have the plastic sight base like the camper model does. I found the f/o front sight to be difficult to use for precision target shooting (too big) but it is easy to see. A red-dot fixes the sight issue.

My wife loves her and I enjoy shooting it too. I go ther the stainless camper at Wholesale sports for 320 earlier this year. I then called Browning and up graded it with the fiber optic front site, which is another 40. Great guns and we've had flawless operation through about 1000 or 1500 rounds.

There is a gun show this weekend at the Lane County Fairgrounds I think I will take a walk through there and see if there is a cheaper price, but from everything I have seen on the internet the price is very competitive for the exact pistol. Thanks guys for the input. I can't wait to "pull the trigger" on this one. keep the comments coming.:s0155:

I used to own a Belgian made Browning Medalist.

BM4.jpg

Great gun, but I traded it off for a very nice 12 ga Citori. I picked up a Ruger Mk III slabside to replace it and I am every bit as pleased with it as I was the Medalist. I have been disappointed with a lot of Browning items in the last few years. The quality seems to have gone down hill lately. I've got nothing but good things to say about the Ruger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top