JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd go one of those little Hi Point carbines before I went Keltec if going the cheap PCC route.

Why so? The Kel-Ted Sub2K's run really well, can use double-stack magazines, weigh less than the Hi-Point and, most importantly, can fold up to easily fit in a small bag.

I've owned both, and while the Hi-Point carbine is a fairly decent gun for the money, if I had to choose between those two options, I'd easily choose Kel-Tec for this application.

Why so? The Kel-Ted Sub2K's run really well, can use double-stack magazines, weigh less than the Hi-Point and, most importantly, can fold up to easily fit in a small bag.

I've owned both, and while the Hi-Point carbine is a fairly decent gun for the money, if I had to choose between those two options, I'd easily choose Kel-Tec for this application.

Hi Point more better than all other guns combined. Everybody know armies and 5h!t don't use them because they hit so hard they illegal. Way best gun to get outta or go thru da hood. That how it is.

Bias. When the first KT I ever shot started falling apart in my hands, I can't hold one without feeling how cheap they are. At least the HP knows what it is and prices itself as such instead of trying to pass itself off as premium and artificially creating demand by shorting the market. YMMV

When I was a around 10 my father gave me a Savage 22-20ga. Not sure where it ended up but a pretty versatile rifle. Super easy takedown with no tools needed . Would make a good truck gun with some slugs in the mix.

Looks like they make a modern 22-410.

View attachment 381866 View attachment 381867
For a long time I had a 22-410 and a 22-20. Super hard to find savage model 24's. They are heavy!

I have a buddy with a 357-12. I'm personally on the hunt for 223-12

Maybe we have different ideas as to the role of a "truck gun":rolleyes:

This the Hi Point of trucks and 5h!t right here. U gots one a these and u needs a Hi Point
upload_2017-8-7_9-38-45.jpeg

Bias. When the first KT I ever shot started falling apart in my hands, I can't hold one without feeling how cheap they are. At least the HP knows what it is and prices itself as such instead of trying to pass itself off as premium and artificially creating demand by shorting the market. YMMV

Perhaps at one time. But the Gen 2 models are definitely improved and can be found easily for $399, just a bit more than the Hi-Points. I'm definitely pleased with the current models.

Perhaps at one time. But the Gen 2 models are definitely improved and can be found easily for $399, just a bit more than the Hi-Points. I'm definitely pleased with the current models.

Kel-Tec seems to be hit and miss. I think it's they do enough original design work that some have issues when they get in the field. I will say they do listen and adapt their designs. That said I'd avoid any that haven't been well shaken out. Their bullpups are pretty intriguing.

Seeing a pic of my car makes me ill. I sold it due to expenses of something more important. Our first born.

My apology. Pic deleted

Last Edited:
i have a spare AR that i built for about $360(my attempt at an inexpensive build)by buying EVERYTHING on sale and also by having a few spare parts from previous high-end builds... took me almost two years to build.it would be my truck gun if i felt the need.

funny how much of a conglomeration it is and functions 100%

Last Edited:
I have thought about a truck gun AR in the past but not sure how I would secure it. Have some idea's but would need help with them.

Maybe I will start a thread and get your guys idea's:rolleyes:

To easy to cut IMO. Thats what I would want to avoid.

two door or four door truck? I have seen locking rifle storage that goes under the rear seat. There are also locking rifle boxes that mount in the bed, but they stick out like a sore thumb. I'd like to find something that goes behind the seat, bolts to something solid and locks.

two door or four door truck? I have seen locking rifle storage that goes under the rear seat. There are also locking rifle boxes that mount in the bed, but they stick out like a sore thumb. I'd like to find something that goes behind the seat, bolts to something solid and locks.

Four door Dodge. I have looked everywhere and nobody makes one for under the back seat for a 2007! o_O So I was thinking of having one made but not sure what that would cost me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top