JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at getting a reliable carry weapon I can buy then not think about replacing it for 20 years and still shoot it a couple times a month.

I have gone though many carry weapons and have never liked them. I have recently shot a G26 and it felt good. I have never owned a Glock though but I am well aware of their great record. But I also know there is always a "latest and greatest"

That being said would I be happy with the G26 for years to come or will there be something slimmer and smaller that I will find and kick myself for getting the G26?

Really just looking for opinions from people that carry this size weapon, and if they wish it was smaller or not.

(also dont want to turn this into a 9mm vs. you caliber or choice thread. I like my 9mm, I like to be able to practice alot and afford it :D)

Dont think about it, buy it...:s0155:
Mine has been my carry gun for about 6 months and I hardly know its there...I carry IWB small of back...Where it might not always be my CC, I will NEVER sell it...

I have a 26 and a 19, I thought the 26 would be an ideal CCW but, turns out I prefer the 19, it conceals as well for me, i like the extra grip, sight radius and capacity and i find it easier to shoot. YMM will likely V.
You might also want to check out the S&W MP 9's as they might fit your hand better.

I carry a G26 a lot of the time. It is a bit bulky, so it does not conceal as well as a kahr (which I have shot and like), a keltec (I carry a P32 when my clothing precludes carrying the Glock), or my S&W 642 (sometimes I just want to be old fashioned). I carry the Glock about 60% of the time with the other 40% being the other two guns. I like the way it shoots, feels etc. but sometimes I have to make the trade off from the gun I like the most to the gun that conceals better or is a bit lighter. Unless you can wear Hawaiian shirts and cargo pants all of the time, I don't think that only one carry gun is very realistic. My carry options adapt to the situation. If concealment is not as much of a concern for you, the GLOCK is a great gun. If it is and you only want one gun, I'd look at a Kahr.

To qualify my statements, I have gone armed almost all of the time for the better part of 12 years. I have carried a Glock for the last 6 years and have put approx 15k-20k or more rounds through my Glock 17 and 26 without ever having a malfunction. Great guns.

P.S. 9mm is a great round and, if you get a 147 grain defensive round, a heck of a lot more effective than the mouse and keyboard commandos like to claim.

i agree that you will not regret buying a glock 26 or a glock 19. you can do all the maintenance and part replacement on your own. i'm a novice at guns but have changed out glock sights, springs, and connectors. so it will last you 20 years and them some without pouring lots of money into it for maintance work, etc.

another plus side is that it is kept together with regular push pins not roll pins. i know that sigs and hk's have roll pins so if you want to clean around the firing pin and take it out you have that to deal with. i hate not knowing if there is gunk back there and am getting weaker firing pin strikes then i should be.

There are LOTS of great carry guns out there, from LOTS of quality manufacturers. However, as far as I'm concerned you cannot beat GLOCK. The G26 is a tad bulky, in comparison to say a KAHR PM9, but not too much more so.

You will NEVER wear the GLOCK out, and the reliability and accuracy can't be beat. :)

I guess my real suggestion would be: Buy the Glock 26 and then get a second gun for when it is too bulky to carry. If you want one gun, buy a Kahr because it seems to meet the concealment requirements a bit better.

My first carry gun was a G26, and it's still my primary carry piece. I actually don't wish that it was smaller, I'm very happy with the size the way it is. I picked up a Galco IWB tuckable holster for it the same time I bought the gun, and both have aged remarkably well.

Just upgraded to a set of Truglo night sights, and I plan on keeping it for the indefinite future. Other guns have come and gone, but my G26 is still at home by my side. BTW, I'm not a Glock fanboy, I also enjoy CZ's and 1911's, but I respect Glocks and enjoy using them.

Both me and my father have G26's as our primary carry pieces.
I have a few others that get mileage, but the g26 is my favorite all-around ccw. Great capacity, with the right holster it can conceal with practically any outfit, and its reliable as they come.

My father has two. For his carry G26 he has added an aftermarket bbl, crimson trace, a locking trigger, and trijicons...
He also has a g19 as well as many other ccw sized pistols, but still prefers carrying the g26.

I dont know anyone who's regretted buying a G26. I see no reason that you'd be the first.
Just do it.

I have carried a G26, Ruger SR9C, Kahr CW45, G17, G19, and 357 snub nose. My favorite is the G19. It just seems like it is much easier to shoot than the 26, holds more rounds, and isn't that much bigger.

When it's colder I carry my glock 33. I used to carry a small .380 when It got warmer. Now I find a j-frame in my waist most days. I just trust them more completly than any of the little autos. And I'm probibly geting sentimental as I've gotten older. Wheelguns realy bring a lot to the table in the way of relibility. OK,start laughing at the old fart!:s0064:

I'm only 28, but I love my s&w model 36
Made in 1982.... just like me :D

It gets the second most carry time, right behind the g26.

I own a g26 & love it. I suggest you fondle the xd9 subcompact also, before you buy. you couldn't go wrong with either, but one might fit you better.

My girlfriend has a G26, and it is her carry piece. I've shot it a fair bit, and they are very handy, quite manageable, and accurate enough to get the job done, should it need doing. Reliable as can be, and has not hiccuped at all. I'd say go for it.

I have carried a G26, Ruger SR9C, Kahr CW45, G17, G19, and 357 snub nose. My favorite is the G19. It just seems like it is much easier to shoot than the 26, holds more rounds, and isn't that much bigger.

+1. I don't notice a difference when carrying a 19 instead of a 26, although I carry a 23 which is about the same size as a 19.

Consider adding a Pearce grip extension. I have a PG-26XL on my sub compact Glock and it makes it feel much more solidly in my hand.

Tried that and then it was almost as big as a 19/23. Every gun fits everyone differently though, so I can't say what's best for anyone else.

The 26 is small enough for good concealment , yey large enough to be enjoyable to shoot regularly. + 2 grip extensions = 13 in the gun and extra mag = 25 rounds on board . If that doesn't get it done - you shouldn't be where you are . Super reliable , accurate , easy to maintain and find goodies for - you just can't go wrong ! Enjoy !

I carry mine most of the time. It's to big for a pocket pistol, but works great im a good holster (i.e. VM2 by Milt Sparks). My other carry pistol is a BHP either 9 or .40. The Glock is more comfortable in colder weather as that steel can get cold as a Mother-in - Law's heart.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top