JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been reading and studying history so I think I know how the government will handle it when they dump the dollar. So do any of you guys got an idea what will happen when nobody will take your money? What will happen to fuel and food, your job, hospitals your electricity or city water? How will they keep it all from crashing when the dollar tanks?

jj

They won't...they know it's unsustainable, all they CAN do is slow it down or speed it up. But why care either way? If I was in their shoes, I'd line my pockets, build a far-away retreat and f-everyone else. Do you really think they care if we're at odds shooting each other for bread?

They won't...they know it's unsustainable, all they CAN do is slow it down or speed it up. But why care either way? If I was in their shoes, I'd line my pockets, build a far-away retreat and f-everyone else. Do you really think they care if we're at odds shooting each other for bread?

Only if somehow we get to their porch searching for bread.

Been reading and studying history so I think I know how the government will handle it when they dump the dollar. So do any of you guys got an idea what will happen when nobody will take your money? What will happen to fuel and food, your job, hospitals your electricity or city water? How will they keep it all from crashing when the dollar tanks?

jj

Excuse my ignorance but what are you talking about?

The United States will ultimately have to shift to a new currency, this is already being considered by many other countries. The countries that are particularly interested in a new dominant currency are also the ones that produce and sell/export oil. They're tired of having to trade it in dollars, so why not? Get rid of the old dollar and bring in the new. Once this happens though, our country and monetary power virtually falls flat the same day. Yay for change, oh wait...

Pretty sure this is why many people are investing their estates in solid gold. I had a client come into my work a few weeks ago and he lectured me for quite awhile on the virtues of just that. Something about the act of 1871 and how they changed the lettering of the DoI to corporation style blockhead or something. Also started to get into rambling about the NWO and the "Amero" currency from china. Interesting idea. I think in the event of what OP has brought up only material/tangible things will be worth anything to anyone. Gas/fuel, food, guns, ammo, water, gold. Commodities basically. Hate to beat a dead historical horse but not everybody has seen the picture of the german woman with a wheel-barrow of cash to BURN because its cheaper than firewood. Do I want to make the switch to a world-unifying currrency? Of course not. I myself have been starting to think of converting my savings to gold.

I believe that they will declare Marshal law when they dump the dollar. I won't go any farther than that because even saying this brands me a loone. Common sense says there is no other way they could make the dollar worthless and still keep some kind control. To say where it will lead under marshal law would make me a fear monger. I would rather be called a loone LOL

jj

The United States will ultimately have to shift to a new currency...

Yes.

For sure the world is moving away from a $US based system (we are close to that now; within a few years at most), but I think we will eventually see a new currency for use within the country also. That isn't the first time it has happened in the U.S..

Bottom line: $US is falling from its almighty status, and we here in the US will finally learn what fluctuating currency values mean in real life.

I believe that they will declare Marshal law when they dump the dollar. jj

I suspect that will occur in several areas of the US (major population centers that are prone to rioting) when/if supply lines break down as result of a $US crash/hyperinflation. If it does not occur I will be surprised.

Ask yourself what happens when nobody will take the dollar for anything. Think it out and while you are thinking look around at what is happening <broken link removed> Groups all over the country are organizing and hitting the streets. Yep just a loone

jj

I suspect that will occur in several areas of the US (major population centers that are prone to rioting) when/if supply lines break down as result of a $US crash/hyperinflation. If it does not occur I will be surprised.

When they dump the dollar there will not be a corner of the world that isn't affected. When nobody takes it will the power stay on? Where will you get fuel? How will you buy food? Who will control the stores? Just asking guys

jj

I wonder how long they will hold off drilling for oil. I think it would be the only way to start paying the debt and rely less on china, middle east. For commodities. But like you said the people in power want this to happen to complete an agenda.... I also think it would take marshal law to drop the $. There could be no other way. The panic alone would advocate it let alone the anarchy created by the fall.

I remember in 2k when that whole world is going to end craze happened. My parents were buying buckets of dehydrated food, 55g drums and filling them with water. Then after it was done they felt like fools. Needless to say now their ready!

Not trying to be dark or evil but bring it. I think that in the face of diversity some great leaders will emerge. We as a society have to stop what happened to Germany and recognize
The evil powers that will emerge as well...

They want the dollar to tank, so they can invest tremendous amounts of money back into it and make a killing. Just what is happening over in Japan with the stock shares of unkown origins that came in.

the thing people dont realize is that the dollar goes further than just the US economy. If and when the dollar dies people all of the globe will be effected and we will see changes that only very few people understand in the current time. You can't compare the depression era to today's era. The monetary system is much more tricky now and computerized as well. Alot of money only exists in computers and not on paper. We're all going to see changes. How severe...no one knows. but changes are coming

I wonder how long they will hold off drilling for oil. I think it would be the only way to start paying the debt and rely less on china, middle east. For commodities. But like you said the people in power want this to happen to complete an agenda.... I also think it would take marshal law to drop the $. There could be no other way. The panic alone would advocate it let alone the anarchy created by the fall.

I remember in 2k when that whole world is going to end craze happened. My parents were buying buckets of dehydrated food, 55g drums and filling them with water. Then after it was done they felt like fools. Needless to say now their ready!

Not trying to be dark or evil but bring it. I think that in the face of diversity some great leaders will emerge. We as a society have to stop what happened to Germany and recognize
The evil powers that will emerge as well...

I think alot of people remember Y2K matter of fact I bet people studied what the population did when crisis came about. Even the president said people tend to hang on to their God and guns. Wonder how he figured that out? What happens to your gold and silver when they need it to back a new currency? When the stores won't take dollars for food will the government confiscate your food stores? Who will they give medicine to? Does it make you happy they have your medical records so they can decide?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top