JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I felt bad for my parents when I got older and realized I probably drove them nuts by watching the same stuff over and over. I wore out several copies of Top Gun, Jaws/2/3/the Revenge, Ghostbusters, and Iron Eagle. I remember my parents rolling their eyes as I would pop one of those in the VCR.

Now that I have a kid, I feel like Karma is kicking my azz.

Frozen (and soundtrack)
Frozen 2 (and soundtrack)
Blippi
Peppa Pig

What things do your kids watch or listen to that really annoy you? If you don't have kids, what did you torture your parents with?

My son likes this one youtuber, I think his gamer name is "flamingo" or something like that. He speaks in a low even toned voice about whatever game he's playing ... and then this ear shattering scream into the mic.

I absolutely cannot stand that guy. If he didn't scream then it would be fine but ...

There is one that is a horror that is almost beyond mentioning, but thankfully, it has largely passed in this household. And, I swear to all that is holy this had to be revenge, my mother bought my pequeños a game that sang the song. I am speaking of none other than:

Other than that one, yah, Frozen is pretty annoying. They are read a story every night from yours-truly and books from those pictures sometimes show up. They are past it now, but Teletubbies made me want to end all life on earth more than once. The rest (e.g., various Disney drivel, Octonauts, Bob the Builder, Sid the Science Kid, et al.) can be kind of tuned out, and some are actually educational.

There is one that is a horror that is almost beyond mentioning, but thankfully, it has largely passed in this household. And, I swear to all that is holy this had to be revenge, my mother bought my pequeños a game that sang the song. I am speaking of none other than:

Other than that one, yah, Frozen is pretty annoying. They are read a story every night from yours-truly and books from those pictures sometimes show up. They are past it now, but Teletubbies made me want to end all life on earth more than once. The rest (e.g., various Disney drivel, Octonauts, Bob the Builder, Sid the Science Kid, et al.) can be kind of tuned out, and some are actually educational.
OMG it's like the Barney song on a bad acid trip. Couldn't make it all the way through, very happy I didn't have to. I feel for you Bro.

Sits in front of fruzing YouTube and watches people play video games. My oldest isn't in the house (21) and youngest is 15. I'm safe from a lot.

Seriously...

@No_Regerts

Need one?
You can play along with this guy!

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=gGN01Ieu0fQ

What things do your kids watch or listen to that really annoy you? If you don't have kids, what did you torture your parents with?
The NBA.

I put up with it, because my son is passionate about basketball, he's a very good player and his team is very good as well (they are trying to re-form around the CCP Virus garbage). But, I absolutely loathe the "message" that the NBA is always trying to get across (well, there's a few "voices of reason" like Barkley and John Isaac that my son likes). If not for basketball, my son doesn't have any other physical activities he is passionate about.

This is why I absloutely hate the current socio-political state of affairs!!

I remember the first time I saw my 5 yr old grand son watching a video of someone playing a video game. I walked up and saw the screen, and remarked that my grand son was really good at the game, then my daughter informed me that he wasn't actually playing; he was watching someone else play. She said it without a hint of disdain, alarm, or any indication whatsoever that it was the dumbest thing ever. I knew in that instant that society was doomed. :(

I remember the first time I saw my 5 yr old grand son watching a video of someone playing a video game. I walked up and saw the screen, and remarked that my grand son was really good at the game, then my daughter informed me that he wasn't actually playing; he was watching someone else play. She said it without a hint of disdain, alarm, or any indication whatsoever that it was the dumbest thing ever. I knew in that instant that society was doomed. :(

Haha! This happened to me also. My son plays Fortnite, and I saw him watching Fortnite gameplay on YouTube. We now have a new rule in our home, "no watching others play video games on YT".

Watching people play video games? WTF?

Right?? It's seriously a thing! Tons of videos for kids of other people playing video games. Kids are now too lazy to even play video games; they just watch videos of them being played. :rolleyes:
I've been known to do this, usually to see actual gameplay to decide if I want to spend $60 or not. Sometimes because I think certain parts are cool but the slog to get through the boring parts isn't worth it. Like watching all the cutscenes back to back in "movie" style so I can get the whole story of the game in a hour or so and move on. To each their own

I've been known to do this, usually to see actual gameplay to decide if I want to spend $60 or not. Sometimes because I think certain parts are cool but the slog to get through the boring parts isn't worth it. Like watching all the cutscenes back to back in "movie" style so I can get the whole story of the game in a hour or so and move on. To each their own
Oh, I've done what you do in the past; to see how to get through a difficult spot, or to see if I'll like a game.

This is different. It is just a video of the game being played with no commentary or how to find extra points, or some hidden cheat, or whatever. It was just an older version of Zelda being played. It looked like my grand son was playing it, only he didn't have a controller and was just sitting there staring at the screen. It was creepy.

When my little girl was still quite small, and in the Teletubbies stage, my parents sent her a little fuzzy costume/jammies of one of them (whichever the hell one is red). Anyway, my wifely sidekick put her in said and when I came home from working in the forest I spied the wee one so attired. I sent a picture my parents with the caption that said simply "To quote Alice Cooper, 'Welcome to my nightmare ...'" :p

I felt bad for my parents when I got older and realized I probably drove them nuts by watching the same stuff over and over. I wore out several copies of Top Gun, Jaws/2/3/the Revenge, Ghostbusters, and Iron Eagle. I remember my parents rolling their eyes as I would pop one of those in the VCR.

Now that I have a kid, I feel like Karma is kicking my azz.

Frozen (and soundtrack)
Frozen 2 (and soundtrack)
Blippi
Peppa Pig

I don't let my kids watch blippi; he's too creepy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top