JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My dad didn't say much other than when I was 8-yrs old he told me, 'you're the man of the house now', and then he moved out. Can't blame him too much since my mom was a psycho...which makes me wonder why he thought it good for him to leave and me to stay. :eek::rolleyes::oops:

I got a very similar line from my dad when I was 10 - only my mom wasn't (and isn't) a pyscho.

Well my grandfather was more of a father to me. So ...

"You have to make your boss enough money that he can afford to pay you."

"Don't promise, deliver."

(Me) "How do you feel Grandpa?"
(Him) "With my fingers."

"Son" and "I love you" and "I'm proud of you" (These are the greatest inheritance I could ever ask for.)

Ones that can be put here are :

If I didn't put black pepper on my food he would say "Pepper will make your pecker grow",

"It's all pink ........",

and everytime I would go out, it would be the old "If you knock that girl up, your getting a job to support her and the baby"

Ray

My Grampa used to tell me:
" If it wont come out, put it back in. If it wont go in, take it back out..."
My Uncle, who was also my boss from age 8 until college, would say to me :
"You better give your heart to Jesus, cuz yer butt is mine.."

When I would complain about food, he would say "In the war, the first month we swatted away the bugs from our food, the second month we didn't care, just let them land, the third month we would swat the bugs into our food, for flavor".

My Grand dad used to say.." God damn.. Sum bubblegum! "' with the last two words far louder then the 1st two. When my cousin and I heard those words, we new it was time to get scarce.
He was a tough old soldier.

I was 15 years old before I knew my name wasn't GetWood

Up hill, both ways.

Shaking like a dog $hitting a peach seed.

Hotter than a billy goat with two peckers

Tighter than a gnat's a$$

Ran like a gutshot cat

Quicker than a raped ape

Madder than a wet hornet

Update::
$hit eating grin

Bat $hit crazy

Do it wrong twice or one time right (I keep reminding my own son of this when he rushes stuff- he is 10)

I'm only with your mother until you kids are out of the house. (Sadly this was true, my mother was bat$hit crazy and when I was no longer under her control it became obvious. 15 years after the divorce he is a totally different person, actually happy now.)

Last Edited:
Like many Dad was not around much, but I do recall him teaching me about trust.

No one is entitled to respect its earned.

And my favorite. Be as loyal to your woman as that dog is to you.

"Knock it off or imma THUMP YOU" The guy had freakin sausages for fingers ....... he did it once ....... ONCE! ......... Nuf said, imma good boy now:cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top