To cut a long story short, I've got loads of remington brass that I've shot through my savage and has been sitting waiting for loading. It's all been neck sized since initial firing and is now at it's fourth load. Did a some loads a few weeks back and discovered that on some cases, the bullet was loose in the neck!? I am aware of work hardening for brass, but was actually surprised it came around so quick. I did some additional checks this weekend, and yep....i've got one 'batch' of 100 that has this issue. So, I suspect that either I did not correctly label the batch at one point, or I have some brass that was previously a reload. Either way...it's a problem....especially when you bump the box of loads and one of the bullets drops into the case...yes! Really! Oooops! Interestingly, I've not experienced this with any of the other cases I have at the same level of loads. This means I've started doing some annealing. I've tried the crayons....real hard to read. it was difficult to tell if I was on temp or not. The crayons don't mark the surface well and I think this technique is a little suspect. I'd like to try the fluid versions of the crayons, just not got around to it. I did read somewhere that standing the brass in water above the head space stress point and then heating the neck to a cherry and quenching works well....so I figured, what the heck and gave it a try.....seemed to work. I just don't know how effective it will be longer term. Maybe a metalurgist can chime in on that one. This reloading thing is fun....!