JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Deschutes, trust me, I don't worry about that stuff, and if you could fly a quad copter through my back yard, I'd give you a beer in praise of your skill.
Working in the tech sector, some stuff not too nice, I don't even need to think to know what you can do with said technology.
That said, I referred to a recent incident in Kentucky: http://www.dailydot.com/technology/kentucky-drone-shooting/
I'm not the paranoid type (though you may think otherwise from my post above), and if my daughters were lying about the pool and a drone hovered low for more than 20 seconds, I would move to do something about it. If it were still there a little later when I emerge (easily 2 minutes), I would remove it. If you were on the other end of that, I guess we would see who would clean whom's clock.

Of course...if a drone is spying on my nonexistent underage daughters I would shoot it too. I would know there would be potential problems after pulling that trigger as well. There will always be freaks and idiots doing illegal things in our world unfortunately.

I am well aware of the kentucky incident. There are 2 sides to every story though remember!

"Update 11:31am, Aug. 1: Following the original news story, the drone pilot has come forward with what he claims is the flight data of the trip that ended in disaster. Speaking with Kentucky's WDRB, the drone's operator, David Boggs, has provided a video record of the drone's movements on the date of the incident, appearing to show that the vehicle was over 200 feet in the air at the time it was shot down. Boggs also claims that he was flying his drone in the area to film a friend's home, and that his trip over Merideth's property had nothing to do with his daughter being outside. "

Far as flying in your yard...Id love to try. One of my quads are made to fly fast through tight trees and bushes while you wear goggles showing the live first person view. It is a complete blast to do. Youtube "fpv racing" there are a TON of vids.

ps...there is a law in oregon that if you ask a person not to fly over your property and they do it again you can press charges for trespass I believe. There are already plenty of laws to protect us from these dangerous drones LOL. Just like guns...enforce the bubbleguming laws we have dont make more!

Last Edited:
Drones, privacy Eh! I don't even want to read about the Kentucky drone incident. However, I am very curious about how a drone 200' up got scragged!?!

Triple "A", SAM, Annie Oakley?:s0156:

You sir need to find something else to worry about. Your going to shoot the neighbors kids rc toy then beat him up. Very nice...glad your not my neighbor.

I fly rc planes, gliders and quad copters (drones). I'm 40. If some bubblegum shoots my toy down believe me he won't be kicking my bubblegum afterwards... I assure you it will be the other way around. People need to realize the news media is blowing this bubblegum way out of proportion.

And if anyone is really considering shooting down the neighbors kids drone...you may want to reconsider as you will be criminally liable for damages and some of these toys aint cheap! Also the FAA considers drones aircraft. So your actually shooting at an aircraft. Which could be a real can of worms.:eek:
You almost got a like until I saw the thumbnle pic.

yes sir, you are not allowed to shoot a photograph of a real person.
a cartoon character or Bin Laden is ok...especially if it's Zombie Bin Laden.
Are you sure? I found this on another site.

The First Amendment protects the right to free expression, which includes the right to shoot, burn, or in any way destroy an image of anyone including the president as long you're not posing a "credible threat." The standard here is whether there is genuine intent to commit or incite violence, and also whether that violence is likely to actually occur.

You sir need to find something else to worry about. Your going to shoot the neighbors kids rc toy then beat him up. Very nice...glad your not my neighbor.

I fly rc planes, gliders and quad copters (drones). I'm 40. If some bubblegum shoots my toy down believe me he won't be kicking my bubblegum afterwards... I assure you it will be the other way around. People need to realize the news media is blowing this bubblegum way out of proportion.

And if anyone is really considering shooting down the neighbors kids drone...you may want to reconsider as you will be criminally liable for damages and some of these toys aint cheap! Also the FAA considers drones aircraft. So your actually shooting at an aircraft. Which could be a real can of worms.:eek:

I hope that you are considerate enough to get permission from the landowners you overfly. Lack of consideration for privacy will be the major contribution to limiting operation of these devices in the future.

The FAA considers drones (and RC aircraft) for the purpose of regulating (i.e. restricting) their use. Currently, the FAA has a "hands-off" policy for their use below 600 ft. above the ground. This is because their current interest is in preventing conflicts between drones and manned aircraft, as manned aircraft are not supposed to be flying that low away from an airport. If drones are percieved to be causing a conflict with those on the surface, their use will be restricted, just as manned aircraft are required to stay away from persons or structures on the ground.

Go ahead and annoy the neighbors. Don't expect much sympathy when the neighbors get your hobby restricted. :rolleyes:

Are you sure? I found this on another site.

The First Amendment protects the right to free expression, which includes the right to shoot, burn, or in any way destroy an image of anyone including the president as long you're not posing a "credible threat." The standard here is whether there is genuine intent to commit or incite violence, and also whether that violence is likely to actually occur.

i wouldn't want to be facing the Secret Service while they dissect your life trying to determine if you you're a credible threat.
having said that...i stand corrected. thank you for educating me. i don't want to put out bad info.

One of my quads are made to fly fast through tight trees and bushes while you wear goggles showing the live first person view. It is a complete blast to do. Youtube "fpv racing" there are a TON of vids.

Now that is some cool stuff right there!!

Of course...if a drone is spying on my nonexistent underage daughters I would shoot it too.

I have three. If a drone was hovering long enough for them to notice and be concerned, they would tell me. It would most likely be in the form of my oldest, 17, asking for the combination to the safe so she could get out the shotgun. She prides herself on being redneck.

Your racing is pretty cool. Looks like lots of fun, and could get expensive too.

Little grass grows in my yard. Lots of fir, cedar & ponderosa, all with low hanging branches, surrounded by laurel and holly. The way they're planted in a circle like Stonehenge, it's as if the prior owner fancied himself a druid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top